Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 10-12, 2019 Storm

WxUSAF

6 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

IMO, they're going to see some of those amounts along Mason-Dixon...they're wedged in pretty good.  Wesminter and York have northeast winds and Td in the upper 20s still.

Looks like the Euro from yesterday is gonna be dead on.

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Nice to see the northern crew cash in.  Evens out the forum now.  

Agreed. It’s like the northern tier finally tied the game up. All good. Let’s see who wins it in the 3rd period. I know I don’t need OT or a shootout though. It’s nerve racking!  Lol. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Nice!! I'm working up towards Hunterstown ,Pa and snowing pretty good up here . Should be headed back soon .I had near  3" when I left .

I'm going to head to Westminster in a few. Going to be real interesting to see what happens later. Looks like we can hold onto snow until at least 10 p.m. if not longer. Then if we get a little colder than modeled we could get a heck of an icing on everything through tomorrow a.m. I could see us staying in the low 30's most of tomorrow.

Just now, HighStakes said:

I'm going to head to Westminster in a few. Going to be real interesting to see what happens later. Looks like we can hold onto snow until at least 10 p.m. if not longer. Then if we get a little colder than modeled we could get a heck of an icing on everything through tomorrow a.m. I could see us staying in the low 30's most of tomorrow.

The latest hrrr shows the band maintaining/developing this afternoon through the evening. Shows another 2 to 4 in northern frederick,carroll,Baltimore and Harford counties. You guys are in the best spot for this one.

• Like 3

Trying to explain freezing rain to someone that just doesn't get it. They walked outside and said "It's just rain..."

I tried explaining that freezing rain is just regular rain that falls into surface temperatures below freezing and creates a glaze of ice on cold surfaces. Then they pointed at a puddle in the street and said it's not frozen. I tried to explain that the pavement stays warmer than surfaces like railings, tree limbs, power lines etc. They went on to argue that if it's not freezing to the street then it's just regular rain. I gave up lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve25 said:

Trying to explain freezing rain to someone that just doesn't get it. They walked outside and said "It's just rain..."

I tried explaining that freezing rain is just regular rain that falls into surface temperatures below freezing and creates a glaze of ice on cold surfaces. Then they pointed at a puddle in the street and said it's not frozen. I tried to explain that the pavement stays warmer than surfaces like railings, tree limbs, power lines etc. They went on to argue that if it's not freezing to the street then it's just regular rain. I gave up lol. 

Don't waste your breath with those people.  Just say "okay" and walk away.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

Who really cares if it’s not freezing on the pavement though, just my opinion. I don’t care I the trees are getting a little ice or the railing lol

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic