Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 10-12, 2019 Storm

WxUSAF

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Ended up with a solid glaze but nothing damaging.. A total of 1.9" snow....as of now 1.12" liquid.  I liked this event...at some point I had heavy snow/sleet and or freezing rain.  Amazing the razor's edge that set up.....I missed an ice storm by 1-2 degrees and 3-6" of snow by 15mi.

Still sporting a good .3-.5" of ice on the trees.....never got above 33, was forecast to go to 38.

Not looking forward to the wind -- going to be a mess if we can't dump the ice before it really kicks in. 

Interesting to note how the icing in this case was EXTREMELY elevation dependent....drove down the road a bit and just a 100' drop in elevation and there's very little ice on anything. 

1 hour ago, DDweatherman said:

The ice up in hampstead Mexico road off 27 is sick what a sight with the sun shining today. Pretty cool to see how much ice remains. Back in my neck, still a lot of ice on trees down 140 as well. Winds causing the usual blow off into the roads for the ice on power lines/poles. 

Same thing situation on rt. 30 in Manchester. I should've taken some pictures but I didnt have the time.

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

We had about an inch of snow, and then sleet and freezing rain which makes for a nice mini-glacier.

I-70 and north seems to have been the dividing line.  I kept seeing reports at times during the first 1/2 of Monday of additional snow falling from AmWx members in Reisterstown, Pikesville, Towson, etc. ..... while in Columbia we stayed all-rain/ZR at those same times.

Columbia also had about 3/4" to 1" snow/sleet overall and also had sleet/ZR but it didn't hold up like it did in P'ville.

(will blame it on sun angle, with Columbia's more-southern latitude?!)    :whistle:

• Like 1

Stopped on a back road on South Mtn about 30 min ago and took this pic...just a cell phone pic that doesnt do the scene justice.  At least .5" ice still on the trees.  With a slight breeze, the sounds were pretty crazy.  Several roads closed around the area....but, most of the tree damage is confined to the ridges.

liGMI1m.jpg

• Like 6