• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 10-12, 2019 Storm

WxUSAF

been pure rain here and i'm glad.  freezing rain sucks unless it's legit, on the street, ice hockey style, which is rarer than a hecs in the cities.

gfs shows a thump of rain later.  it's really impressive at this point how much precip we've had in general over the last year, and more precip to come in the next week or two.

I was surprised to find my car crusted with about 0.2" of ice this morning.  I have my timing for making the MARC train down to a science so I was scraping frantically.  Then I get there and the train is 20 minutes late LOL. 

Trees, grass and cars were icy in Germantown, but roads just wet.  It was right at 32.  This would have been a really bad ice storm if it was just a couple degrees lower.

3 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

I was surprised to find my car crusted with about 0.2" of ice this morning.  I have my timing for making the MARC train down to a science so I was scraping frantically.  Then I get there and the train is 20 minutes late LOL. 

Trees, grass and cars were icy in Germantown, but roads just wet.  It was right at 32.  This would have been a really bad ice storm if it was just a couple degrees lower.

It was 30 degrees in Damascus when I left for work. I saw a lot of trees branches and a few small trees down on rt 27.

1 minute ago, WVclimo said:

Just ticked above freezing for the first time during this long duration event.  Currently 32.8 with about a quarter-inch of ice on trees and a little over an inch of snow on the ground.

We still have heavy ice on our trees too. What are the temps expected to do tonight? Really hoping to avoid any additional ice build up as this has turned into a dangerous situation for some.

8 minutes ago, Lucketts said:

We still have heavy ice on our trees too. What are the temps expected to do tonight? Really hoping to avoid any additional ice build up as this has turned into a dangerous situation for some.

Hourly forecast from NWS has temps in the low 30's until the pre-dawn hours, when they dip below freezing for a couple of hours.  Forecasted low for your area is 30.  Winds are forecast to pick up considerably around dawn.

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic