• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 10-12, 2019 Storm

WxUSAF

Measured at 3 am, 4.5 inches with a temp sitting a touch over 30 degrees. After what looks to be a lull that we had overnight we are now seeing the snow pick up once again with light freezing mist mixed in.

@psuhoffmanBe careful on your drive down to Balt. We have a light glaze of ice on everything and the roads look rough and look to stay that way if not deteriorate. Hopefully you are leaving late enough that the dreaded sun angle will melt everything away. :)  I hope things go well for your son.

eta: Just glanced again and we have seen a slight drop in temps with snow and small pingers mixed in as the freezing mist has backed down.

Had a glaze on my car when I woke up but all sidewalks and streets were just wet. Nasty morning though. 32 and mist with a nasty little northeast wind. Just got to work in Woodlawn and it was interesting seeing how much more ice, particularly sleet, it looked like they got than my location. It's probably only 10 miles northwest of where I live.

2 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

When do the official measurements by "trained spotters" start coming in? I never know where to find that info. 

On the LWX page, go to the "Public Information Statement" link under the "Current Conditions" drop down menu.  Here's the direct link:  https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=LWX&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0&highlight=off

• Like 1

M0.2" zr in Reisterstown when I left this morning at 6:30.  The pine trees on my property looked like they were about to give up and the roads in my neighborhood were terrible.  Even my Subaru had a hard time at intersections. It was unusually icy in Laytonsville as well...I measured 0.15" ZR on Howard Chapel Rd and there were some tree branches (deciduous and coniferous) that had come down on power lines in Laytonsville actually.  We probably missed a legitimate ice storm in Maryland by about 3 or 4 hours had we not gotten than lull in precip last night.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic