• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 10-12, 2019 Storm

WxUSAF

Temps may cool enough overnight to flip Moco/Hoco back over to ZR based on 3K NAM, will have to wait and see how close to the beltway the freezing line sinks, 2M dews are below freezing as close as NW DC. Probably won't have a significant impact aside from some more icicles in the trees. Looks much more icy up near the MD/PA border though.

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It seems rates are the key here. Anything beyond light is snow. The lulls are a mix

2 minutes ago, Rhode Islander in Balto said:

All snow now in Parkville 2 miles west of 95.

Painful to hear that just a few miles to my NNW is receiving snow and nada here in the Dalk

16 minutes ago, mattb65 said:

Temps may cool enough overnight to flip Moco/Hoco back over to ZR based on 3K NAM, will have to wait and see how close to the beltway the freezing line sinks, 2M dews are below freezing as close as NW DC. Probably won't have a significant impact aside from some more icicles in the trees. Looks much more icy up near the MD/PA border though.

I'm getting some sleet now and it had been just rain for several hours.

2 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Congrats!  Clarksburg has a nice little microclimate going on.  I've seen times in the past when I drove three miles from my house to Clarksburg High School and seen snow on the ground when I had nothing.  I wonder how the High Street area of Damascus did.  I got 0.5 before changing to rain before midnight.  Here is another measurement just a few miles from you:

image.png.61012535a51e4ab62acf36b0d269b4db.png

I am not sure where exactly the spotter above is located, my area's altitude is over 645' and almost always do get higher amount of precip compared to the surrounding areas in Clarksburg no matter what type!  I do not have my official ID as an spotter but I follow the SKYWARN measurement guidelines though.  As you put it accurately we tend to have a nice little microclimate going for us in northeast of the county.       

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic