Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 10-12, 2019 Storm

WxUSAF

20 minutes ago, Ji said:

Euro went way warm. Shows very little snow for rest of storm

If I'm being totally honest I'm good with that. The only snow I expected was at the very onset(tonight) and that portion is mostly over. Always expected any frozen precip on Monday to be in the form of sleet or freezing rain and frankly if that winds up being rain instead, that's cool with me because I want nothing to do with ice. This storm was never going to be a big deal regarding snow. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

AA county schools hedged their bets on an on-time opening.  What's funny is that Fort Meade doesn't open until 10am.

I just walked outside, very light ice glaze on surfaces, but I’m at 32.1 right now.  Precip is coming down at a decent rate, I’d imagine it’s all rain.  

Mentioned yesterday I thought we would see a heavier burst of precip roll through today in the afternoon though the models weren't really picking up at it that time. Had to do with decent lift running through the region and an interjection of moisture from the west into a somewhat moisture deprived environment that the models were not seeing too well. Models are now picking up on that feature as we see a heavier band now forming DC and north just in time for rush hour. Right now when looking at surface projections the NAMs favor Balt and north to score on the snow/frozen with this feature. I think the models are still under playing this band of heavier precip so I am somewhat expecting that we see snow/ice/sleet actually verify close to or into DC as we get better cooling of the column. Right now surface temps are borderline especially Balt and north. See better cooling from heavier rates and the Rush hour could be quite hairy

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic