Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 10-12, 2019 Storm

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

You are correct and so is WVclimo.... Def not a live shot.  But....I click on the same cam and it shows the same shot.  No snow out this way as of yet...something bogus with that cam.

Yep. If you click on all of the cameras around it there is nothing. Pretty weird.

https://chart.maryland.gov/map/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

1.) I’m very happy to hear your son is doing better. 

2.) I read your posts & many other good posters in here every day.  Thank you for your daily contributions to this forum!

3.) I am from the Harrisburg, PA area & I never post in here. I enjoy the good read each day, but I realize that I should just do my posting in my home Central PA forum.

4.) @Ruin please let these good folks alone & come post in the Central PA forum. We could actually use more posters up here if you want to contribute.

Sorry I learned in geography class we are in the mid Atlantic so yeah from what i was taught and every thing i know i was posting in the right area.

13 minutes ago, Snowlvr said:

After going over all the  guidance and soundings 4-8 is by far not out of the question for Carroll, Northern balt, Harford and Cecil. South of there a very quick drop 

This threat is getting no attention because the DC burbs gang already got a surprise MECS and they are shafted on this one, per the models at least.

100% chance that Clarksburg will get nailed and we will see pics via the webcam while das is in VT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ruin said:

Sorry I learned in geography class we are in the mid Atlantic so yeah from what i was taught and every thing i know i was posting in the right area.

Our forum in Central PA has several posters from the Harrisburg, York, & Lancaster area. Just about all of the Mid Atlantic posters are from MD,DC & VA.

Please learn how it works here, or make better posts that add value here.

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

This threat is getting no attention because the DC burbs gang already got a surprise MECS and they are shafted on this one, per the models at least.

100% chance that Clarksburg will get nailed and we will see pics via the webcam while das is in VT.

No. I am happy the people that have been screwed so far are going to get this one. It is only fair.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Our forum in Central PA has several posters from the Harrisburg, York, & Lancaster area. Just about all of the Mid Atlantic posters are from MD,DC & VA.

Please learn how it works here, or make better posts that add value here.

Yeah, it is not rocket science. 36.3 degrees here. Still nada, but looks to be a moisture slug headed here from the WSW arriving shortly. Fingers crossed.

image.png.d432c8fbd24dd75981ed65cbaff015d4.png

1 minute ago, DSF said:

If this one overperforms I think 18/19 will go down as the year of the overperformer.

Seeing as it's the year of the pig, maybe that would be Overpigformer?

Oinkerperformer?

Ok, ok, I'm done. 

Overporkfarmer?

What a ham!

I am going to dream that the pretty greens on the 12K NAM snow maps are really happening!  And that is no bacon!!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DSF said:

If this one overperforms I think 18/19 will go down as the year of the overperformer.

Oinkerperformer?

Ok, ok, I'm done. 

Overporkfarmer?

2 minutes ago, gopper said:

What a ham!

I am going to dream that the pretty greens on the 12K NAM snow maps are really happening!  And that is no bacon!!

What is happening? 

I think the HRRR better reflects current thermals right now. 

7 minutes ago, DSF said:

Oinkerperformer?

Ok, ok, I'm done. 

Overporkfarmer?

overperformer is pretty debatable this year up to this point.  yes, we have overperformed on a few events that we knew would be snow to some degree (nov/jan/the clipper), but we've left a lot of precip on the table as well.  take away that jan storm and this winter is a legendary underperformer when compared to the expectations going in.  but this is also why this winter can't be graded until its completed.  if it ended as-is, it's a C+ for me (with a lot of weight placed on the jan storm), but 1-2 more decent snows can bring totals above normal in a number of spots.  long story short, the final grade on this winter is TBD.

2 minutes ago, 87storms said:

overperformer is pretty debatable this year up to this point.  yes, we have overperformed on a few events that we knew would be snow to some degree (nov/jan/the clipper), but we've left a lot of precip on the table as well.  take away that jan storm and this winter is a legendary underperformer when compared to the expectations going in.  but this is also why this winter can't be graded until its completed.  if it ended as-is, it's a C+ for me (with a lot of weight placed on the jan storm), but 1-2 more decent snows can bring totals above normal in a number of spots.  long story short, the final grade on this winter is TBD.

Yeah fair points.

Really what I meant is that a number of events that looked like they would amount to almost nothing actually gave people measureable snow/white roads etc.

Edit: And it's very location dependent...some people got fringed repeatedly.

When you get right down to it, I really just wanted to make a pig pun.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 87storms said:

This is one of those winters in which the events overperform, but there haven't been a whole lot of events themselves.

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic