Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 10-12, 2019 Storm

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

If I was totally desperate I could always drive 10 miles lol.

Will be interesting to see if the gradient really is as tight as some guidance is suggesting. The Euro is probably the most brutal. I wish I could say I don't believe it is right. :yikes:

Where exactly are you?  I know in general. 

4 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Seems like NMD from fdk county eastward has evolved as models are figuring out that second surge of CAD.  It has had a tendency to hold on longer as you get toward NEMD the last few runs.

Temp spiked to 36 a while ago but has dropped to 34 as clouds have thickened....

@poolz1 is the Hderps good with thermals ?   Last year it nailed a March event and nailed the overnight lows which were records when other models were off by 4 degrees 

Just now, frd said:

@poolz1 is the Hderps good with thermals ?   Last year it nailed a March event and nailed the overnight lows which were records when other models were off by 4 degrees 

You know, I really dont follow it often....I have no educated response.  I do know that NEMD has trended better while other areas have held serve or trended worse.  18z Mon to 18z Tue is still evolving imo..

7 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

You know, I really dont follow it often....I have no educated response.  I do know that NEMD has trended better while other areas have held serve or trended worse.  18z Mon to 18z Tue is still evolving imo..

Thanks,  appreciate it .

9 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

12k upping the ice game for MBY... running a little warm too. It’s totally on its own but I’m going to continue to hug it. Woo 0.4” of ice.

85d4775395b7243b8778b12d387f41cc.jpg&key=f42ca65acd4f1b6fd33619f9b6ca3cf990ae11195b434e2364a879c9085bd3fa

Yeah I don't buy that for here. With surface temps right around freezing, and if the mid levels warm that quickly, its a cold rain.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Don’t forget east Baltimore by the bay lol

My boss loves snow but lives east of Baltimore by middle river right near the water. He is always complaining. Even when my school on the west side of Baltimore city gets 2-4” he often has virtually nothing.  Any marginal even he gets screwed. I keep telling him he lives in the snow anus of central MD. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

My boss loves snow but lives east of Baltimore by middle river right near the water. He is always complaining. Even when my school on the west side of Baltimore city gets 2-4” he often has virtually nothing.  Any marginal even he gets screwed. I keep telling him he lives in the snow anus of central MD. 

Truth. Outside of that one good event that we got 5-6” from, next to nothing around these parts from everything else. We know the warming around the bay plays a big role but can never seem to get the banding that Montgomery County to Carroll County gets either 

11 minutes ago, snowfan said:

I sure hope some of you are not buying the NAM output. 6-10 isnt happening.

Nobody is buying the clown maps of the NAM. Clearly they don’t agree with the conditional precip type maps. I’ve been looking at positive snow depth change on the 12k and ferrier on the 3K for more accurate representations

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic