Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 10-12, 2019 Storm

WxUSAF

41 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I think it's likely Baltimore and south gets very little out of this. Maybe a little snow and ice. This is going to be a far Northern MD into Southern PA deal. They will probably get several inches or more and decent ice.

Leave Baltimore out of this. We’ve been fringed all winter - we are due to be on the right side of a cutoff.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I havent looked at my local weather from my local news today. but looking at all these maps 4-6 inchs of snow then a good 5 hours of sleet frz rain and only 2 or so hours of rain by some of these models/maps. last I saw my local news was downplaying this event saying a bit of snow then all rain yesterday. If this happens the way Ive been watching it will catch a lot of people off guard  

4 minutes ago, Ruin said:

I havent looked at my local weather from my local news today. but looking at all these maps 4-6 inchs of snow then a good 5 hours of sleet frz rain and only 2 or so hours of rain by some of these models/maps. last I saw my local news was downplaying this event saying a bit of snow then all rain yesterday. If this happens the way Ive been watching it will catch a lot of people off guard  

Could it be that you haven't checked your local news and local weather today because you're in here? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Ruin said:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Leave Baltimore out of this. We’ve been fringed all winter - we are due to be on the right side of a cutoff.

You’ll do fine.  Bay is cold.  Good location NE region of forum.  I think you’ll be surprised vice disappointed.  

25 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Could it be that you haven't checked your local news and local weather today because you're in here? 

Um maybe and I got up I hardly watch tv any more for 1 everything is online. Also I dont care  to watch my local mets they lets just say are always bias to any snow or cold weather lol.

Not excited by either NAM up here. They look very spotty with precip through most of the window for snow. Warmer at 850 and even imply it goes to rain up here tomorrow before “maybe” back to snow for a short time at the very start of the main storm. But I say maybe because that keeps shifting north and anymore and it ends up north of the Pa line. Either way it looks like ~2” of slop to rain even up here on both Nams. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Not excited by either NAM up here. They look very spotty with precip through most of the window for snow. Warmer at 850 and even imply it goes to rain up here tomorrow before “maybe” back to snow for a short time at the very start of the main storm. But I say maybe because that keeps shifting north and anymore and it ends up north of the Pa line. Either way it looks like ~2” of slop to rain even up here on both Nams. 

You’ll hold onto the CAD is my prediction.  ZR is not most fun but it beats pure liquid.  

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

You’ll hold onto the CAD is my prediction.  ZR is not most fun but it beats pure liquid.  

I hate to be selfish on this one but my Son just had surgery a few days ago. He is doing fine, but I have to get him to Hopkins Tuesday morning for his post op and to change his surgical bandages. I can deal with snow no problem. Freezing rain is a problem. So I’m not rooting for a ton of freezing rain here. Snow or rain please. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I hate to be selfish on this one but my Son just had surgery a few days ago. He is doing fine, but I have to get him to Hopkins Tuesday morning for his post op and to change his surgical bandages. I can deal with snow no problem. Freezing rain is a problem. So I’m not rooting for a ton of freezing rain here. Snow or rain please. 

Prayers for your son my man, everything else is relative when it come to family

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Are the models fringing you?

22 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I wonder if your elevation puts you into the warm layer...

24 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Best wishes for your son!

And also best wishes for when you’re surprised about shoveling 5” of snow tomorrow!:guitar:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I hope he is doing well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the well wishes all. He is doing well now and should be fine.  Just don’t want to have to drive him to the hospital on a sheet of ice and really don’t want to have to try to reschedule. Already took the day off work and all plus he needs the medical attention. 

Phin is alright. His last post was actually funny I thought. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Hoping for a quick recovery for him.  

23 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Prayers for him and no ZR.  If I could take the ZR from you I would.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Why is PA trolling us this year???  And I love the pa sub...was a regular contributor there years ago and still pop in time to time but a few a$$clowns are making them look bad. 

if you feel i was trying to troll im not

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic