Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 10-12, 2019 Storm

WxUSAF

3 hours ago, usedtobe said:

I think I did prior to our one snowstorm.  I'm not excited by this messed up system.  Where I live,  looks like a mostly rain event maybe starting as sleet Sunday night. 

Yeah.. I mean it's a sub 1000 low riding up in to Chicago. It makes me wonder why there is even a thread.  Some of models were pretty bullish on CAD a couple of days ago so I guess everyone is hang on that. I am hoping we get an inch or two out of the first wave. I am up in Baltimore county. Just high enough where I get snow when the city gets rain.

11 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

3k has the snow line way further south 

That is just the first impulse coming through. Yes we do see the snow line farther south. The reason we are seeing that is we are getting better rates then the previous run so we are getting better cooling of the column to overcome the low level warmth. 

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Ever try a DFH 120 min IPA? Try one. Just one. You will feel like you drank a bottle of wine, but better. Great food value in this stuff too.

I'm ready for the NAMz, and Happy hour GFS(although I know it will suck).

I have one of those at least every 2 months or so.  Trust me, I know all about it. :drunk:

• Like 1

My forecast has been "refined", now 1-2" snow/sleet for tomorrow night. I can buy that given the model trends, and I would take that in a heartbeat. A little more accum in the forecast for Mon night but I have serious doubts about that potential. Mild with heavy rain for Tuesday and I 100% percent buy that.

All I cared about today was that the models began to recognize the cold air strength. I'd imagine 0z will be better but my make or break for anything beyond conversational is 12z tomorrow. My bar right now is 2" of snow a fair amount of freezy rain at 31 and a little bit of 34 and rain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scraff said:

Where is your bar set on this one? Can we get 2” before the slop? 

Not sure yet, but I think 2” is certainly in play. I think Monday might be a fun wintry day. Snow in the morning, some sleet, pause, a bit more snow and sleet in the evening.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah there is no other IPA- double, triple, whatever you wanna call it- quite like the DFH 120.

Starr Hill Double Platinum IPA (Charlottesville) and Devil's Backbone 16 Point IPA (Lexington) are slightly better, imho.  But they are all so good!

eta:  See some are upset that the beer talk isn't in banter.  I will cease and desist

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic