• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 10-12, 2019 Storm

WxUSAF

I don't envy the forecasters for early next week.  From the end of the LWX disco LOL: 

In terms of sensible weather, this leaves the range of potential outcomes anywhere between well above normal temperatures and rain, to well
below normal temperatures and snow. The level of uncertainty is captured well by the range of high temperatures forecast by ensemble
guidance for Tuesday, which ranges anywhere from the upper 20s to the lower 70s.
  • Haha 8

The depiction of Monday’s wave can’t help but remind me of our big January storm and last Friday. Both times models show this respectable wave in the plAins and Midwest that dies as it gets to us in the midrange. Both storms trended better for us in the short range.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Meh.  Ends up a couple of inches of snow that are quickly washed away by a deluge.  

As it stands, it looks unimpressive, but if the cold can hold on longer and doesn't scour out so quickly (which will also depend on the track), then we could be in for a nice event. I've seen it happen numerous times.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fozz said:

As it stands, it looks unimpressive, but if the cold can hold on longer and doesn't scour out so quickly (which will also depend on the track), then we could be in for a nice event. I've seen it happen numerous times.

The high is in a decent spot to start the event so cold could hold on a bit longer than depicted.

2 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

The high is in a decent spot to start the event so cold could hold on a bit longer than depicted.

Yep, but it would help to have something hold it. It will depend on if this week's cutter can become a good transient 50-50 low once it gets to the maritimes.

4 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Yep, but it would help to have something hold it. It will depend on if this week's cutter can become a good transient 50-50 low once it gets to the maritimes.

Ah--so maybe that's why Cranky on twitter was saying that tomorrow or Friday would be a good benchmark to start predicting the next storm!

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Ah--so maybe that's why Cranky on twitter was saying that tomorrow or Friday would be a good benchmark to start predicting the next storm!

Exactly, and that's why there is still so much spread with this system within the ensembles. 

I think pretty much everything is still on the table with this. From cutter to coastal. Should have a better idea which direction it's headed by tomorrow evening into Saturday. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic