Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Feb 6-7 icing

ORH_wxman

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I'm not sure elevation even helped out here.  I just talked to my friend in Colrain (1200') and he said barely a glaze there.  MPM was saying the same.

It’s a garbage system that’s trended warmer in southern areas from what I see.  This looks like a ORH hills and points N storm.

Bottomed out around 30.5F and its been steadily rising ever since the icing started to get noticeable....def latent heat rise now. 31.7F now. Pretty good glaze on elevated surfaces and grass but noted the sidewalk was mostly wet. I did throw salt on it a few days ago in last week's system so not sure if that is playing a role.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Bottomed out around 30.5F and its been steadily rising ever since the icing started to get noticeable....def latent heat rise now. 31.7F now. Pretty good glaze on elevated surfaces and grass but noted the sidewalk was mostly wet. I did throw salt on it a few days ago in last week's system so not sure if that is playing a role.

So now we wait for cold drain from the north?

There's a clock right now on this because it is in-situ for now...the tug of the mesolow doesn't happen until later on toward morning. So we can't really advect the lower dews in from Maine until then and by then most of the precip is out of here anyway.

ORH has a couple tenths of QPF already, so if this keeps up for a few more hours, there could be some accretion approaching a quarter inch in the higher elevations.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

There's a clock right now on this because it is in-situ for now...the tug of the mesolow doesn't happen until later on toward morning. So we can't really advect the lower dews in from Maine until then and by then most of the precip is out of here anyway.

ORH has a couple tenths of QPF already, so if this keeps up for a few more hours, there could be some accretion approaching a quarter inch in the higher elevations.

That would be the max I would think.  0.1”-0.15” seems more likely. Maybe 0.2” 

The heavier echoes seem to be trucking along