Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 2019 Observations

yotaman

4 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Looks like tonight will be my last night below freezing through at least the next two weeks. Guess we're headed for yet another top 5 all time warm Feb?

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Times have really changed. Decembers torch, with the exception of this year and Fab Feb is a lost cause anymore. Leaves us Jan only for winter anymore.

Well, topped out just Short of 60F, ,, 55 actually, under sunny Skies & a very light & variable wind,,  Becoming overcast,, setting at 53F now... Rain sprinkles in the forecast.. 

@Shaggy & @Downeast ,,  Not many trout today, (a few "spikes" under 14 inches),,  though did get yet a pleasant surprise, I WAS targeting Blow toads today,, instead.. Well... 

Heerrm fresh shrimp is what they wanted..   ;) 

GEDC4214.JPG

• Like 3

32 last night, 59 today.

Must be a dry rain coming in tonight. That's a whole lot of time for a little bit of rain.

Tonight
Rain likely, mainly between 7pm and 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 44. North wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

6 hours ago, Solak said:

32 last night, 59 today.

Must be a dry rain coming in tonight. That's a whole lot of time for a little bit of rain.

Tonight
Rain likely, mainly between 7pm and 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 44. North wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

LOL --that de-escalated quickly!!!:lmao:

Tonight
A slight chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 44. North wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

And again...
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 43.

Incredible temps today,  has to be one of the warmest/hottest winter days on record for the southeast as a whole, especially considering mins. 

CLT 79/64

GSP 77/62

AVL 74/60

CAE 83/54 

Augusta 85/53

FLO 83/59

Wilmington 83/58

CHS 80/55

ATL 80/62

Macon 81/55

RDU 79/60

PTI 79/63

Interesting thing here is that the southern and eastern areas got cooler this morning than the more northern and western areas, guessing b/c clouds rolling in early yesterday reduced cooling. But low to mid 80s over all those areas! Just craziness. Today has single-handidly raised the monthly average of Feb an entire degree for many areas. Many western/northern reas will set their daily lows before midnight, so some of these will change. I'm down to 58.5 at 8pm, so that's my low for the day. This is becoming the norm for feb unfortunately. 

Made it to 77 today after yesterday's 79.

Can't believe the number of moisture starved cold fronts we've had this winter. I guess that's the result of so many Lakes and App cutters. I'm ready for a good old fashion stormy cold front or a decent coastal Low to track, snow or no snow!

29 minutes ago, Solak said:

Going to have to work hard today to get 60, let alone the forecast 67. Currently  a dreary 48.

Picked up 0.29" yesterday.

Currently sitting at 52 here in Greenville while 45 miles away in New Bern they are sitting at 73. 

warm front is moving north and we just cleared out and went slight sun so i suspect the temps are coming just late day. Kinston went from 54 to 61 in one obs.