Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 1, 2019 Light Snow Obs

ChescoWx

27 minutes ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Here in East Nantmeal I would say almost moderate snow now - heaviest by far of the day - temp up to 14.0 - will measure shortly but looks to be near 0.5" or 

Definitely more moderate although in the last 5 minutes it has eased back to how it's been for the past few hours.  Salted neighborhood streets starting to get a dusting.  Driving to Paulsboro, NJ area after I get some sleep, will report how southwest Jersey does from this.  

Also I've always wondered, but does the higher elevation (only like 1000ft/800ft vert) of French Creek result in any localized higher snowfall totals? Is that even high enough to have any orographic lifting effect?  I always feel like my location just on the northside of the ridgeline that runs from coatesville to valley forge always recieves a bit more than towns to my south like Frazer or malvern.  And if this is the case then it would be more pronounced at French creek since it's another 400ft higher.

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Another kick square in the balls here in Howell, at this point there is nothing left of them. Same confluence push from the NE as the first kick in the nuts January storm. Incredible to watch

every perturbation go wrong. 16F

Did you guys get anything out of the squall on Wednesday?  I was snowboarding during it, blue mtn probably got 1-2 inches.  Also I worked an overnight shift at the Lowes in Howell wednesday night doing concrete repair on their floor.  I think the low was around -2 if I recall.

Just now, ChasingFlakes said:

Did you guys get anything out of the squall on Wednesday?  I was snowboarding during it, blue mtn probably got 1-2 inches.  Also I worked an overnight shift at the Lowes in Howell wednesday night doing concrete repair on their floor.  I think the low was around -2 if I recall.

Yeah we got a dusting which is a big deal this S&*$#! winter

18 degrees, have picked up over 1/2" in. of pixie dust since this morning.  Still coming down, ever so finely.  Cars covered, road are mainly just wet, borough guys were using their leaf blowers and some salt on the sidewalks.  

Edit:  A WWA just came over the phone.  Not sure if just issued?  Seems a little too late, but good for the rush hour I suppose.

5 hours ago, JSharp said:

A light coating here so for in Chadds Ford Township, PA.  Temp is 13. The snow is pixie dust.

Looking for your obs since I had to drive north out of the snow area for some family activity today. At least I got to see it early this morning, didn't expect it to start so early. Looks like it went on for most of the day, albeit it lightly.

20 minutes ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Can anyone explain the lack of precipitation on radar surrounding the Lancaster area for the entirety of this event?  Snow seems to taper off east of York and then pick back up east of 401 near exton/pottstown.

It’s been snowing albeit steady light here since 8am but according to radar it’s been dry. I’m about 10 miles west of Reading