• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February Discobs 2019

George BM

I could be wrong and someone more careful can verify, but I think our stretch of breaking the record for most rainfall in any 12 consecutive months is coming to an end, at least for now. Don S or Rodney can probably dig up the stats for all big three airports, but for Baltimore I think the record will be February 2018 - January 2019 (73.97").

An interesting note, however, is that the record could still be broken up through June. For example, if March 2019 surpasses March 2018 at BWI by more than the deficit between the current February and last February, then the record would increase and move to April 2018 - March 2019. For that to happen, I think BWI will need about 4.25" of precipitation this March. 

What a crazy stretch of wet weather.

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I could be wrong and someone more careful can verify, but I think our stretch of breaking the record for most rainfall in any 12 consecutive months is coming to an end, at least for now. Don S or Rodney can probably dig up the stats for all big three airports, but for Baltimore I think the record will be February 2018 - January 2019 (73.97").

An interesting note, however, is that the record could still be broken up through June. For example, if March 2019 surpasses March 2018 at BWI by more than the deficit between the current February and last February, then the record would increase and move to April 2018 - March 2019. For that to happen, I think BWI will need about 4.25" of precipitation this March. 

What a crazy stretch of wet weather.

With the amount of mildew and moss around here it feels like I have relocated to the UK.

• Like 1

Got .80 rain for Sat into Sunday morning. I think most of the models were calling for ~1.25 so a little big of an underperformer.

The only way for this wet weather to end is for a long term drought. We can't shift to staying around the averages. At least that's been my experience. 

Wind is bad here. The house is shaking and I’ve already lost some big limbs. I’m on a ridge but wife said drive home from Shrewsbury was bad. Lots of branches on the road. 

I wasn’t even really following the wind. Been busy this weekend with work. What the flip is going on. I’m not going to have any trees left by the end of this winter. 

• Like 1

Big roar through the woods.  Frequent max readings over 50.  Highest 57 at 19.57.

Very gusty profile and we have lulled considerably.  Security cameras have picked up power line flashes to our south.  We've had a few brief brownouts so far, nothing major.

Looks like the worst will come around 2AM for us and lasting past rush hour.  I don't care too much for night time wind events particularly at damaging levels.  Wife already nervous.  She let the dogs out close to when that big gust hit and said she hasn't heard the pines roaring like that since last March.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic