Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2019

George BM

16 hours ago, Scraff said:

Just wondering what everyone was doing 9 years ago today? Shoveling maybe!? Shocked that nobody is talking about it. I’m still mad I was in Disney World reading the OBS thread on my Blackberry. Was so jealous. We HAD to pick that week to go see Mickey. :rolleyes:

I remember well. Not only was I busy shoveling out some of my neighbors and myself. I was also shoveling out a huge section of my yard so my dogs can potty. And when I mean huge I mean huge. My dogs refuse to potty within 3-4 feet of any previous deposit and when you have 3 dogs that is a lot of acreage to make available for their needs.

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

Guess I picked a bad time to lose interest 

Why haven't you been reaped yet? 

51 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I've lost interest again 

Again, why haven't you been reaped? That slack a** Reaper needs to get on the ball. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jayyy said:

Same rollercoaster every storm guys. I say this once per storm thread. Storms show up on maps in the long range, trend the complete opposite way we need it to, and then slowly trends back our way in the 3-5 day range. It’s normal. These models are 100% guessing from day 3 on. There are a ton of moving parts, most of which aren’t even close to being onshore or “in place”. As we get more data to work with, models begin to come to a consensus. Far too many making predictions when are still so far out. This can be anything from mostly rain to warning snowfall at this point. Today and tonight’s trends showed us that snow is looking like it will be part of the equation. That’s all people should be taking from models at this point. Thermos, precip amounts... none of it matters. Just the setup and moving pieces on the map. 

Climo for our area says two things

1) seeing significant snow days after a very warm spell is not a likely occurrence 

However...

2) it likes to snow in Maryland PA and VA during the week of Valentine’s Day 

which ones wins out? 

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

This was like reading Chinese 

Beg to differ 04...  Chinese is too easily translated.  It was more like sanskrit or hieroglyphics.  Think that author needs to read more and post less.  Or draft a message, sleep on it and then delete it....   

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2019 at 10:13 AM, Bob Chill said:

Black hills is prob 10 minutes away from you. Best bass lake in Mongomery County and miles of easy shore access. Texas rigged rubber worms and weightless/weedless stickbaits are all you need. Purple worms and green pumpkin stickbaits are my go to colors. My son caught a 6 pound bass 2 years ago. 1-3 pounders are common. 

Its awesome, but just not great during the winter.

Today feels like one of those negative nelly days hopefully 12z makes them happy again but I suspect the fly in the ointment that caused the euro to hiccup will be around today. It won't be a good day to read the board for any positivity....especially if that stormtacker clown decides to post

We are officially having a winter storm here in south central Texas. Steady light to moderate sleet!

Parts of the ground are actually turning white, lol

34/14 with moisture overrunning the cold air down here. Northwest Hill Country is reporting snow.

You guys are up next for accumulating snows. Mid Atlantic will get demolished.

EDIT: This is a bona fide thundersleet, heavy sleet with one sixteenth to one eighth of an inch in diameter sleet balls. Ground is covered a quarter inch deep in sleet down here. My car has three inches of sleet at the base of the windshield. Thunder can be heard.

I never expected to see this down here.

• Like 7