• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WesL
    Newest Member
    WesL

February Banter 2019

I work for a company that has a vdot contract for snow removal in Fairfax County (merrifield) to be exact, ive been doing it for 9 years now and it amazes me the amount of complaints from citizens whether it’s a large storm or small. If most truly understood the amount of time and hard work that goes into trying to keep roads clear, not one person would say a word. Not to mention the folks who just can’t seem to stay off the roads during snow.....let’s be honest, with the amount of closings yesterday 95% of the traffic had no reason to be out lol. Rant over !!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Big fan of the trade!

Same here.  Nice speed and defense to help on the 4th line and PK.  And didn't give up anything of value.  Big improvement over DSP and Jaskin.  Hopefully, DSP can get his ass in shape over the next month-plus, and come back in time to enter his Playoff Beast Mode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Even though Smith-Pelly isn't having a great year, I'm happy he's staying with the organization. Who knows, but maybe he will step up again in the playoffs.

Yup, best of both worlds.  Still can use him down the road if he can get his stuff together.  He was huge in the playoffs last year.

40 minutes ago, jewell2188 said:

I work for a company that has a vdot contract for snow removal in Fairfax County (merrifield) to be exact, ive been doing it for 9 years now and it amazes me the amount of complaints from citizens whether it’s a large storm or small. If most truly understood the amount of time and hard work that goes into trying to keep roads clear, not one person would say a word. Not to mention the folks who just can’t seem to stay off the roads during snow.....let’s be honest, with the amount of closings yesterday 95% of the traffic had no reason to be out lol. Rant over !!!

I was one of the few that commuted in yesterday and appreciate the good work.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

EJ is getting roasted, much as is the ground across the LWX CWA, right now.

Meh.  

18 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

@EastCoast NPZ thanks for letting me have a little fun with you. I just found out a few hours ago that the mom of one of my best friends has a few days to live. Cancer. I’m taking it pretty hard. 

So sorry to hear that :(

I totally forgot about the weeklies and it was great. Hope I forget about them until November 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

@EastCoast NPZ thanks for letting me have a little fun with you. I just found out a few hours ago that the mom of one of my best friends has a few days to live. Cancer. I’m taking it pretty hard. 

So sorry. Can’t think of anything better to say just sorry. 

Thanks guys. When my mom called tonight I didn’t tell her what happened but I couldn’t help but think how I’d react if I heard that kind of news about one of my parents. You just have to cherish the time that you have. You never know when it’s up.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Really sorry to hear that.  Cancer sucks :(

53 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Sorry to hear that.  A hard thing to go through.  I lost both my parents the same way.  Praying for you and your friend.

18 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Holt-beast is in net tonight. Wow

Was a great win! Hopefully they can now sting some wins together! Going to the game Sunday!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Have you ever really had to say that before though?

this made me laugh. kinda surprised it wasn’t RR who said it.

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

My best friend’s mom passed away yesterday morning from cancer. The end was very rapid. I just had dinner with her (my best friend) and we cried and laughed and sat in silence....on repeat. I miss her mom. Cancer really sucks. 

• Sad 7

11 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Hugs, friend. your weather family is here for you! 

• Thanks 1

My old reliable( 360,000 mi.) Toyota Tacoma work truck finally broke down and left me stranded for the first time in 19 years . It was a good run while it lasted :scooter:

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

My old reliable( 360,000 mi.) Toyota Tacoma work truck finally broke down and left me stranded for the first time in 19 years . It was a good run while it lasted :scooter:

That’s one heck of a run. As they say, all good things must come to an end.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c70276c33554e5a41

• Like 2
  • Haha 5