Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2019

George BM

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

As long as the winter storm warning holds up and I can get my drink on tonight, it's all good.

as long as schools are canceled tonight and not 5am tomorrow, i am okay with whatever falls from the sky. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Are we thrilled that we’re going to boom or despairing that we’re about to bust? Asking for a friend

I'm thrilled as always. In case you cared. 

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

HoCo closed!

Congrats! Baltimore County will definitely call it tonight then. When one does, they all do. 

• Like 2

It’s always fascinating (and terrifying and disappointing to listen to people who don’t pay attention to weather like we do discuss an upcoming storm. Just overheard: “They are saying 5-8”, 5-9”, and it keeps going up each time. And you know when that happens it can be 10” or 12”.

Who the f ck is “they”?? But when we don’t have 12” tomorrow it will be another “they don’t know what their talking about”.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

It’s always fascinating (and terrifying and disappointing to listen to people who don’t pay attention to weather like we do discuss an upcoming storm. Just overheard: “They are saying 5-8”, 5-9”, and it keeps going up each time. And you know when that happens it can be 10” or 12”.

Who the f ck is “they”?? But when we don’t have 12” tomorrow it will be another “they don’t know what their talking about”.

Or when you try to use evidence from models and such to explain things to them and they just tell you “but my weather app says this”. >_>

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

Montgomery County Public Schools and offices will be closed Wednesday, February 20, 2019 due to pending emergency weather conditions. All school and community activities in school buildings also are canceled tomorrow. All childcare centers located in school buildings will also be closed.

But you said trending to non event?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I still believe this is going to be a snoozefest outside the climo favored zones.  If I'm right so be it, if I'm wrong you can get your jollies off with a snarky bump post or troll.  Have fun.

You used up all available snarky posts complaining about the lack of deadly weather.

Just now, Scraff said:

What’s everyone’s take on start times? I’m setting my alarm now. I never want to miss first flakes on an incoming wall of snow. Would be awesome to have white asteroid rippage just before sunrise. Gotta be outside for that if it times out right.

Seems like probably 630-7 for us but WAA snows do have a habit of starting early