Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2019

George BM

8 minutes ago, Ji said:
2 hours ago, showmethesnow said:
Good job Ji. I see you finally figured out how 'Where's Waldo' works. You did such a fine job I couldn't even find you in the pic.
eta: By the way, pretty wife. But I am curious. During the winter does she sedate you or does she sedate herself?

She hates winter and me in winter. Btw...in true dc fashion...even up here the snow turned to rain last night and there was melting. I guess that area dosent do CAD

So you take your wife to a beautiful spa...make her take pics of you in the snow then you are up at 2am posting euro analysis....I sure do hope that wasn't the only reason you were up at 2. :)

• Haha 3

Excuse my French, BUT-

I want to pose a question to all the s***lovers in this forum.

Are YOU shoveling the DOTbergs?

Or your parents?

Or even older people?

Or the maintenance people?

Or the opportunists seeing someone not dug out yet?

Ugh

"We may be in the middle of winter but, those summer backups on Rt. 50 are still fresh in our heads."

There have been talks about adding another Bay Bridge to alleviate some of that congestion after many studies show traffic is getting worse each year.

Maryland’s Transportation Authority has put out a map of potential bridge crossing over the Chesapeake Bay. On this map there are about a half dozen options north and south of the current bridge crossing to Kent Island.

https://www.wmar2news.com/news/state/mta-and-federal-highway-admin-release-draft-of-bay-bridge-crossings

IMG_20190212_100841.jpg

IMG_20190212_101252.jpg

Made it to Hopkins. Everything went well, recovery going good. Getting out of my road was dicey but main roads were ok. 

FF162C19-CEA3-4FB1-B73F-89F328E8CBF7.thumb.jpeg.7c409c626f2fcb3cdc01c6fae96f4b73.jpeg

0370D2F9-A4E6-40EC-8A56-54BCF52BF19F.thumb.jpeg.177b5549fab253150c1b2f4f6f6f00f8.jpeg

Wife says getting back up my road will be an adventure.  Trees coming down.  30 and pouring rain she said.  There was about 1/3” ice when I left.  Might have to park and walk the last quarter mile. 

I’m taking my son to see where I work then lunch to kill time.  Maybe it warms up some by the time we get back.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bodhi Cove said:

Ugh

"We may be in the middle of winter but, those summer backups on Rt. 50 are still fresh in our heads."

There have been talks about adding another Bay Bridge to alleviate some of that congestion after many studies show traffic is getting worse each year.

Maryland’s Transportation Authority has put out a map of potential bridge crossing over the Chesapeake Bay. On this map there are about a half dozen options north and south of the current bridge crossing to Kent Island.

https://www.wmar2news.com/news/state/mta-and-federal-highway-admin-release-draft-of-bay-bridge-crossings

#12 and #13 make the most sense as it would alleviate Nova and some MD traffic from Rt50 and also ease traffic through Easton and Cambridge. Bang for the buck that area has the narrowest crossing and the best traffic diversion. However, the roadway on the Eastern Shore HAS to cross through Blackwater and that's a big problem. I've been there numerous times and it's one of the most beautiful and unspoiled wetland areas in MD. The short story is any crossing will cause massive public outcry. It's a tough situation no matter what route is chosen but eventually it has to happen. The current crossing falls way short of what is needed. 

3 hours ago, Bodhi Cove said:

Ugh

This is so badly needed and I'm glad the state is taking it seriously (they should also look at widening 270 north of Clarksburg).  But these bridges will take 25-30 years to come to fruition considering the years of studies and lawsuits that will for sure come up.

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

#12 and #13 make the most sense as it would alleviate Nova and some MD traffic from Rt50 and also ease traffic through Easton and Cambridge. Bang for the buck that area has the narrowest crossing and the best traffic diversion. However, the roadway on the Eastern Shore HAS to cross through Blackwater and that's a big problem. I've been there numerous times and it's one of the most beautiful and unspoiled wetland areas in MD. The short story is any crossing will cause massive public outcry. It's a tough situation no matter what route is chosen but eventually it has to happen. The current crossing falls way short of what is needed. 

Need to bring back Ferries.

• Like 1