Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2019

George BM

5 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I hope they also have their own (and very private) version of summer 2010.

Rob, Big time Feb winter here in OR.  Mt Bachelor has had 62" in the past week  I have had 21" here at my house since yesterday.  Expect another 4 to 8 today and then 2 more smaller storms later this week.  Over climo for sure in what was forecast to be a mild dry winter. LOL  Photo of my neighbors SUV taken and hour ago.

OR-Storm-Feb2019.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, snownut said:

Rob, Big time Feb winter here in OR.  Mt Bachelor has had 62" in the past week  I have had 21" here at my house since yesterday.  Expect another 4 to 8 today and then 2 more smaller storms later this week.  Over climo for sure in what was forecast to be a mild dry winter. LOL  Photo of my neighbors SUV taken and hour ago.

OR-Storm-Feb2019.jpg

Damn, Duane, sweet.  Enjoy!

11 hours ago, snownut said:

OR-Storm-Feb2019.jpg

Congratulations!!!!

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

I wish I felt bad for the areas that haven't received normal snow this year but I just cant bring myself to do it...

everyone knows snow is an IMBY thing. It is funny though how worked up people get over it. 

However, to be fair those who are making comments about their lack of snow, should be annoyed. It has SUCKED for us up north. What's funny to me is that when us northerners go on about our snow, those who have missed out pretty much shun us because of it. But when we whine about our lack of snow, we have people giving us shit for it and arguing with us over it. 

Its rather comical, if not a little hypocritical. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, mappy said:

everyone knows snow is an IMBY thing. It is funny though how worked up people get over it. 

However, to be fair those who are making comments about their lack of snow, should be annoyed. It has SUCKED for us up north. What's funny to me is that when us northerners go on about our snow, those who have missed out pretty much shun us because of it. But when we whine about our lack of snow, we have people giving us shit for it and arguing with us over it. 

Its rather comical, if not a little hypocritical. 

I hear you...but I know I can sleep well at night knowing that I don't do that but I guess the rule about one person chewing gum ruins for everyone else. I will admit that when I want to make a point I can be a TAD annoying and obnoxious...but it is completely out of love though. :)

On 2/25/2019 at 6:22 PM, EastCoast NPZ said:

Damn, Duane, sweet.  Enjoy!

Historic Feb continues here.  7 degrees this morning with ice fog & flurries.

Another 6-12" is forecast tonight into Thursday morning.  

Maybe above freezing on Saturday? 

My deck yesterday afternoon.  That deck wall is 38" high.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I hear you...but I know I can sleep well at night knowing that I don't do that but I guess the rule about one person chewing gum ruins for everyone else. I will admit that when I want to make a point I can be a TAD annoying and obnoxious...but it is completely out of love though. :)

not everyone is guilty of it. but it has happened. i know in the past, especially my first winter after moving north, i felt i couldn't post my snow obs without receiving shitty responses. 

but i would never wish against snow in other places even if i miss out, except @DCAlexandria because he's my buddy and i only want the best for him. 

• Haha 1