Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2019

George BM

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Even though Smith-Pelly isn't having a great year, I'm happy he's staying with the organization. Who knows, but maybe he will step up again in the playoffs.

Yup, best of both worlds.  Still can use him down the road if he can get his stuff together.  He was huge in the playoffs last year.

40 minutes ago, jewell2188 said:

I work for a company that has a vdot contract for snow removal in Fairfax County (merrifield) to be exact, ive been doing it for 9 years now and it amazes me the amount of complaints from citizens whether it’s a large storm or small. If most truly understood the amount of time and hard work that goes into trying to keep roads clear, not one person would say a word. Not to mention the folks who just can’t seem to stay off the roads during snow.....let’s be honest, with the amount of closings yesterday 95% of the traffic had no reason to be out lol. Rant over !!!

I was one of the few that commuted in yesterday and appreciate the good work.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

@EastCoast NPZ thanks for letting me have a little fun with you. I just found out a few hours ago that the mom of one of my best friends has a few days to live. Cancer. I’m taking it pretty hard. 

Sorry to hear that.  A hard thing to go through.  I lost both my parents the same way.  Praying for you and your friend.

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

@EastCoast NPZ thanks for letting me have a little fun with you. I just found out a few hours ago that the mom of one of my best friends has a few days to live. Cancer. I’m taking it pretty hard. 

My best friend’s mom passed away yesterday morning from cancer. The end was very rapid. I just had dinner with her (my best friend) and we cried and laughed and sat in silence....on repeat. I miss her mom. Cancer really sucks. 

• Sad 7

1 hour ago, yoda said:

@Scraff @nj2va

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2019/02/washington-capitals-acquire-nick-jensen.html?fv-home=true&post-id=101692

Caps acquire D Nick Jensen and 2019 5th round draft pick

Red Wings acquire D Madison Bowey and 2020 2nd round draft pick 

I’m cool with that! The only thing standing in our way of #backtoback is Tampa. :lol:

8 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Talk about Tampa being favorites to win the Cup, eh?  I'm cool with that considering whenever Caps were favored, we imploded in the first/second rounds.  Now Tampa can do the same thing.  :tomato:

Notice no other team mattered to me. Just. Tampa. Pitt? Meh. Just @yoda speed bump in the road now for us. ;)

• Haha 1