• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2019

George BM

Every time someone posts this evening that a model has taken a step back, I go and look at it and my yard is still getting pounded with heavy snow tomorrow morning.  HRRR, ICON, NAMs.  If I see less than 3" of snow tomorrow it's gonna be quite the bust given what all guidance shows less than 12 hours from onset.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Off to the airport for a day trip to Boston...best part is no reading the board today as the reality sets in for others that this is and always has been a solid mix storm but not a bomb like some want. New final call for mby lol.

2.8" snow .55 qpf as sleet .45 qpf as 31 degree rain .30 qpf plain rain.

72 degrees on Friday 

Hugs and kisses all wish me luck...flying Southwest 

@Ji

This storm may have the most pretreated roads sidestreets etc, and sidewalks that I have ever seen.

And what happened to simple road salt? Mass Ave sidewalks were painted blue.  Grossly over treated with lord knows how many chemicals, and this is becoming the norm. That and leaf blowers instead of snow blowers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

This storm may have the most pretreated roads sidestreets etc, and sidewalks that I have ever seen.

And what happened to simple road salt? Mass Ave sidewalks were painted blue.  Grossly over treated with lord knows how many chemicals, and this is becoming the norm. That and leaf blowers instead of snow blowers.

Our local governments sure do love to ruin the Chesapeake with even more chemical runoff from the road salt/brine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Our local governments sure do love to ruin the Chesapeake with even more chemical runoff from the road salt/brine.

I feel like contractors are just shooting their loads instead of sitting on products for a year, which will probably be thrown away/dumped if its unused if a contract is up.   Or, just burning product to get an even fatter contract next year. Calcium chloride nom nom no thanks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Check out this gem from the ice melt SDS doc:

6.2. Environmental Precautions - Prevent entry to sewers and public waters. Avoid release to the environment

http://scotwoodindustries.com/product/industrial-blue/

It has blue dye in it so the guy spreading it can figure out what area he has already treated. 

5 hours ago, mappy said:

I’ll see what I can do. 

Good job,

Due to the severe inclement weather conditions resulting from the winter storm, the Mayor has announced a closure of the District of Columbia Government for non-essential/non-emergency employees on Wednesday, February 20, 2019. Essential employees must report for duty as previously scheduled, unless otherwise directed by their agency.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PDIII said:

@showmethesnow @Ji and @Bob ChiII all disappeared at the same time.  I am calling it.. its the same guy.  

he is just talking to himself to fill up posts and content on the board.  

You figured us out....errrr....I mean me.

I admit, I cringed a little when I thought about having the Ji persona locked within myself. :lol:

4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

None of those are 'the one'. :P 

Why are they closing schools?

Why is the government closing?

Why am I not in WSW?

Why did they downgrade my WSW?

Temps are too warm for snow?

Why do they have me at 2 inches on the point and click when the models tell me 4 inches?

Radar sucks where is the snow the models promised me?

People 10 miles away have double my snow?

Radar shows precip falling but I see nothing?

I could keep going on. :)

• Haha 1

Just now, showmethesnow said:

Why are they closing schools?

Why is the government closing?

Why am I not in WSW?

Why did they downgrade my WSW?

Temps are too warm for snow?

Why do they have me at 2 inches on the point and click when the models tell me 4 inches?

Radar sucks where is the snow the models promised me?

People 10 miles away have double my snow?

Radar shows precip falling but I see nothing?

I could keep going on. :)

A snow ob. 2 words..

The thought of it makes me cringe lol