Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2019

George BM

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Seems like probably 630-7 for us but WAA snows do have a habit of starting early

Perfect! Thank you. Both alarm and cofffee pot will be set for 5:00 just in case we kick it off early. B)

Eta:  However, now it’s time for pre storm happy hour. Hysteria Brewing Throwin Oats Not Rocks Oat Cream IPA. Killer beer! Anyone else crackin one?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I’m not only a snow geek, but I’m an aviation geek too. Thanks for sharing that article. I need to get on Boeing 787 some day that goes 800 mph in a jet streak. B)

9 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

THAT

is funny

Even restraunts are closing downtown. Along with the snow fall amount contest we should have had a school closing contest on who would go first and last. 

Frederick, Carroll and Washington always hang on. What is even funnier is counties all around us are now closed. 

26 minutes ago, mappy said:

School is closed. My Tuesday evening just got better since we get home around 9 from gymnastics, now I don’t have to rush to get myself to bed. It’s the little things. 

If I have to go to work tomorrow, I'm taking it out on you.   Will it.   Do it.  Call the mayor.  DC GOV closed.  Make it happen.

5 minutes ago, T. August said:

Anybody have one? Is it worth it? Talking about the VP2+

https://www.davisinstruments.com/solution/vantage-pro2/

I have had one for 13 years.  One of the best investments I ever made.  Only one hiccup in all that time, when a lightning strike messed up the console.  Tech support was first rate.  Great equipment and company.

8 minutes ago, T. August said:

Anybody have one? Is it worth it? Talking about the VP2+

https://www.davisinstruments.com/solution/vantage-pro2/

Yes, this is what I have at the house in McHenry...I love it but I want to move the anemometer up on the roof for more accurate wind measurements.  Installation of the station was fairly simple too.

29 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

If I have to go to work tomorrow, I'm taking it out on you.   Will it.   Do it.  Call the mayor.  DC GOV closed.  Make it happen.

I’ll see what I can do. 

15 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The VP2 is awesome. Great investment. May not matter as much here but if I could make one change it’d be purchasing a heated rain collector so I can get accurate snow/ice to qpf readings. 

Agreed. Worth it

18 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The VP2 is awesome. Great investment. May not matter as much here but if I could make one change it’d be purchasing a heated rain collector so I can get accurate snow/ice to qpf readings. 

I didn't know that existed...is that an added accessory I can purchase now or did I have to buy a different model?