Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2019

George BM

20 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Not sure how good it is for synoptic events but when I was in Watertown for my LES chase it absolutely nailed the placement of the big band that crushed us. Beat every other piece of guidance.

It holds a special place in my heart. 

5 seasons in the swamp. This subforum is home.

HRDPS getting one event right is like betting on the Washington Generals to beat the globtrotters every time because they did it once before.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mappy said:

some day people on this forum will understand LWX's snow maps. not today, but some day. 

I understand them just fine.  They're stupid and mets who should know better amplify them all over twitter, which then misinform the public.  That's why I said "we have this discussion a lot."  They continue to suck and mislead and should either be fixed or discontinued, like a lot of the American weather models.

25 minutes ago, feloniousq said:

I understand them just fine.  They're stupid and mets who should know better amplify them all over twitter, which then misinform the public.  That's why I said "we have this discussion a lot."  They continue to suck and mislead and should either be fixed or discontinued, like a lot of the American weather models.

i agree! 

30 minutes ago, feloniousq said:

Agreed.  It's like they're designed by a computer programmer or engineer who has no background in geography or cartography.  

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Agreed.  It's like they're designed by a computer programmer or engineer who has no background in geography or cartography.  

I vaguely remember Ian going off on twitter about them once and someone at another office said the 90 and 10 maps are automatic from WPC probabilities, are heavily SREF-driven, and should largely be ignored.  Local offices are given freedom to move the 90 and 10 maps if they want but no one has time so they just go out as is.  The "expected" is the actual forecast that the office puts time into.

27 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Agree. It’s just windshield wipering the best banding around by a few 10s of miles. I’d say euro is maybe a nudge toward a widespread 3-5” with the unlucky spot between bands more like 2-3” and the jackpot more like 5-7”. 

You need to go change your snow contest call.  You're stressing out the weenies with that low sh*t.