Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2019

George BM

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

I think you have me confused with someone else? 

My post has value. Yours doesn’t really. That’s all. 

My thinking aligns with Hoffman’s in that for those outside these bands tossed north by a warm front, there are most certainly going to be winners and losers. @Amped made a great post yesterday talking about this. Precip driven by an adjoined warm front and WAR feature will have a less than perfectly uniform QPF distribution and in the case of our warm nose nudging north quickly at h7, there will be discrepancies in snow that could loom large (2” vs 6” in a 25-30 mile range).

yes. sorry. i called someone else out earlier

my post was in specific context to PSU about the NAM. Feel free to make your posts again without calling me out for no reason. 

4 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I'm really not though. Yeah it's been a shitty year here but there's going to be ratters and regression. I got 4" yesterday so I'm happy as a big in sh*t for this year. My first post last night ended with a "good luck".  If anything, I was happy for your area/DC area for having a "good" year this year compared to us because the last 3 years have been crap in the Mid-Atlantic. That is until I got attacked.

BOMBS AWAY!   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

Admittedly, used to make some lousy posts years ago. 

But, if you read, you’d see I don’t post the garbage any more. I’d bet even map would agree to that. 

I confused you with DCTeacherman who made a shitty post earlier that I called out. 

Get yourself an avatar or something lol 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

ICON is another beatdown across the area... kind of has the euro idea of two heavy bands but is even thumpier with both...  first band crushes DC and northern VA early morning...second band crushes MD late morning to mid-day.  Everyone wins.  

Good, God, our forum could sure use that.

Just now, LeesburgWx said:

Why do we all laugh at the NAM when it shows us getting NAM'd but when it shows us getting shafted, it is the new King?

Because the NAM tends to overdue precip amounts, especially in its mid-range. This close to game time though the NAM can't be tossed. 

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Northerners:

Westminster(12z  Nam  Cobb output) just came out and wet bulbs down to 25 by 13z and doesn't go above freezing at surface till  01z and its showing  borderline surface around 32/33 all the way to 12z Thursday.  So a slight cooler trend by a degree would mean sub freezing for a very long period 

Link/

http://www.meteor.iastate.edu/~ckarsten/cobb/cobb.php?model=nam&site=w54

yeah, i think we can hang on to the cold layer through the evening at least. it may be rain that is falling, but frozen at the surface nonetheless. 

• Like 1