Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2019

George BM

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

My location was around 24" but just literally 25 Miles east I think I recall hearing 36" +

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

There was 40" between New Haven and Stamford along I-95. We came back home the night after the storm ended and we cut down 95 to get home. It looked like a bomb went off. Cars stranded in the middle of the road with well over a foot in spots on 95. They were using multiple plows and front end loaders just to clear I-95 it was so bad. 

I was in that. Just east of New Haven along 95.  It was crazy.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

One thing not to like on the 3km NAM - the intense rainband at 10pm when it is 33 degrees.

1” frozen through 7pm

1” not frozen after that through 1am

Even if its 3” of rain after 7pm, I’m stoked by getting 1” of frozen all day Wednesday.  Will be a nice wintry day.  Honestly, it’ll be 50 Thursday so even if I got 12” of snow, it’ll be gone by Thursday anyways.  

4 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

Tenman would be a star in this forum. What has happened here? A model comes out and there are 4 separate play by plays all cockeyed analysis with extreme shifts and emotions. Worse than watching a soap opera. It’s a soap opera on Percocet and shrooms out there. 

Pretty much a NAM shit show, but been quite entertaining if I’m being honest. Need the GFS to just chill everyone out though. Speaking of Chill...missing him quite a bit leading into this one. ERS though-you have been crushing it. I think your forecast easily verifies. 

14 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Soundings could support sleet and Phineas would always default to.......no, it's awful cold rain. it just happened to refreeze before hitting the ground.

Dude, in DCA a big sleet storm is pretty anomalous. I am not going out on a limb saying the UHI hellscape will have more rain than expected. Is anyone here going to be surprised by pretty early reports from places like Alexandria of rain mixing in??

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Pretty much a NAM shit show, but been quite entertaining if I’m being honest. Need the GFS to just chill everyone out though. Speaking of Chill...missing him quite a bit leading into this one. ERS though-you have been crushing it. I think your forecast easily verifies. 

Awesome thanks. Need some redemption after the January bust

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Dude, in DCA a big sleet storm is pretty anomalous. I am not going out on a limb saying the UHI hellscape will have more rain than expected. Is anyone here going to be surprised by pretty early reports from places like Alexandria of rain mixing in??

I’m hoping your wrong.  I think I hold off on pure rain until after 7p.  

7 minutes ago, Scraff said:

he's the dude. deals with the weenies well, too. i'm assuming he just needed a break. this place is like the streetball of forecasting where everyone is trying to show out lol, but in a world of social media, this place does serve a niche.

• Like 1