Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2019

George BM

Just now, Mrs.J said:

She has a whole page dedicated to just rolls and buns! I am checking it out. :)

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/category/breakfast-treats/sweet-rolls/

Nice! Her recipes are well laid out and she has some very good tips and tricks she recommends too. She’s also a local! She lives in northern MD. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Just wait until Wednesday when I’m posting from a brewery 

hahaha, my husband asked me this morning what the forecast was for the storm. My reply: schools closed, delayed thursday

so ill be at home keeping a kid entertained and working... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

The Euro isn’t really my preferred model for CAD setups. Will be curious if it is onto something pushing the mid-level warmth as aggressively as it is. Hope not. Snow beats an ice storm for me everytime.

I’m not sure what model to trust. These storms can bust hard if there isn’t enough of a cold push before precip. And if it does then it can be tougher to scour out. So which one shows that the best?  This is where I lean heavily on climo for my specific area. I’m going lower snow and more sleet to rain given how this goes. High temp and DP tomorrow will be key

19 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

So I've never done a true ice event here...

Is there any chance at all it's going to be safe to drive from Germantown to DC at 6:00 PM on Wednesday?

It will be messy but doable IMO - ice events are rare here and even more rare to have them affect paved surfaces. When the roads become a sheet, it is usually always at night with VERY cold surface temps. Mod rain and 30-31 during the day in late feb will have trouble glazing up the road for sure. Trees are another story as we saw last week. 

29 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

So I've never done a true ice event here...

Is there any chance at all it's going to be safe to drive from Germantown to DC at 6:00 PM on Wednesday?

We don't really do full-on ice events here. It's incredibly rare, and unless we have some truly frigid air around to start then don't expect much more than a conversational event.

• Like 1

Just now, mattie g said:

We don't really do full-on ice events here. It's incredibly rare, and unless we have some truly frigid air around to start then don't expect much more than a conversational event.

8 minutes ago, AmericanWxFreak said:

It will be messy but doable IMO - ice events are rare here and even more rare to have them affect paved surfaces. When the roads become a sheet, it is usually always at night with VERY cold surface temps. Mod rain and 30-31 during the day in late feb will have trouble glazing up the road for sure. Trees are another story as we saw last week. 

Very pleased to hear this. I was looking at the temps and the roads SEEM like they will be safe at those temps.

I'll also be working against the flow of traffic so I have that going for me.

I really, really don't want to cancel my date... lol. I even have plans to make mulled wine and hot apple cider for this gal.

I'd like to take this opportunity to declare my hate for events that flip. I've dealt with it all my life having grown up in South Jersey and I've always detested the "snow changing to rain" forecasts. And I don't give a S that we get a lot of our annual snow in flipping events. I still hate them.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

I'd like to take this opportunity to declare my hate for events that flip. I've dealt with it all my life having grown up in South Jerey and I've always detested the "snow changing to rain" forecasts. And I don't give a S that we get a lot of our annual snow in flipping events. I still hate them.

What do you hate more:  events that flip OR the random ass poster from Sheboygan, PA who will only post obs during an event where DC is 35/rain and they’re at 28 and rippin’ fatties.  :P

11 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Very pleased to hear this. I was looking at the temps and the roads SEEM like they will be safe at those temps.

I'll also be working against the flow of traffic so I have that going for me.

I really, really don't want to cancel my date... lol. I even have plans to make mulled wine and hot apple cider for this gal.

You are a stud. You will be fine either way. If you’re really desperate just bring her to Jl’s house. That should work out great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, PhineasC said:

LOL at expecting ice in this setup. It's gonna be snow to sleet quickly to plain rain near the 

I've had my brain set on sleet bomb from the get go so when the models are showing sleet I'm not disappointed...of course those hunting big totals are disappointed and will have to point out how sleety this storm is and go next

• Like 2

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

I've had my brain set on sleet bomb from the get go so when the models are showing sleet I'm not disappointed...of course those hunting big totals are disappointed and will have to point out how sleety this storm is and go next

Sleet for sure. I just don't see a ZR threat at all. It's gonna be mod/heavy rain at 31.5 degrees, at best. In DC, it'll be 34 degree rain and we all know that. If the thump fizzles out, this storm will be lame. We need to pray it comes in like a wall, but I could see it spitting with spotty precip for hours on end.

• Like 1