Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2019

George BM

2 hours ago, stormtracker said:

Well see, that was your first mistake.  Coffee with ice is the devil.   I never used to drink it either...but I find it a solution to me hating the world in the morning.  I was never a morning person.

I drink OJ in the morning.  Never really need a kick to get going.  Guess I got used to getting up and getting going working construction to get through college.  Working with power tools gets your attention.  

The ice coffee that I succumbed to 2x was from a wood vender in Japan.  The wife of the owner brought us ice coffee when we placed a big order.  (you wouldn't have believed this place - it was right out of some history novel).  She was about 150 years old and I didn't want to offend her, so I gulped it down in one nauseating swig.  Was all I could do to keep up upchucking it.  When we went back to pickup the order a week later she brought us more.  That was the last time anything resembling coffee entered my digestion system.  Don't even like coffee tasting chocolate etc.  But to those consignors like yourself, enjoy.  

1 hour ago, supernovasky said:

My friends and I did a blind cheap beer taste test, 10 beers, back in the day.

Had a bartender pour in 4 cups.

Unanimously the top cheap beer was PBR. The worst was surprisingly Heineken.

hahah PBR...  right up there with Iron City, Hudepohl, and old dog light (Old Milwaukee Light).  The combination brings back memories of college - at least the parts I remember when not in a drunken stupor.  Then moving to Germany 3 years after college brought an awaking to what REAL bier is all about...   never forget my first real Pils...   was a spiritual event.  

I'll keep an eye out for it, but I don't actually have access. I lift it off other forums when it's posted (typically the NE forum) and since they aren't that interested in this storm I haven't been able to find it.

17 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Can someone get us access to the UK snow map? I know flawed algorithm, but I want to see the orientation of the shield. 

Don't you have it? @NorthArlington101

6 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I'll keep an eye out for it, but I don't actually have access. I lift it off other forums when it's posted (typically the NE forum) and since they aren't that interested in this storm I haven't been able to find it.

Weathermodels.com and weatherbell do not have Ukie snow maps, just precip maps. @yoda has posted snow maps before, but i think he is pulling them from elsewhere. doesn't matter much in this setup tho, don't pay attention to snow maps

• Like 2

Just now, Mrs.J said:

Ok so I don't need to get bread, milk or TP for Wednesday. Already did my shopping run last Friday. But I do need to decide what to bake/cook. I already have ingredients to make Chicken Noodle Soup, but need to see what I may need extra for a baked good. 

homemade cinnamon rolls 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Let me know if you find a good recipe. Not that I am a great baker, but who doesn't love cinnamon rolls

I think I may try this one. I like Buttermilk in my dough and it does not look too involved. 

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/18095/buttermilk-cinnamon-rolls/?internalSource=hub recipe&referringId=1306&referringContentType=Recipe Hub&clickId=cardslot 11

1 minute ago, Mrs.J said:

If you haven’t tried anything from Sally’s Baking Addiction, I highly recommend anything from her. I’ve made dozens of her cookies and cupcake recipes and all are fantastic. She posted a recipe last week on her Instagram page about her cinnamon roll recipe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

If you haven’t tried anything from Sally’s Baking Addiction, I highly recommend anything from her. I’ve made dozens of her cookies and cupcake recipes and all are fantastic. She posted a recipe last week on her Instagram page about her cinnamon roll recipe. 

She has a whole page dedicated to just rolls and buns! I am checking it out. :)

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/category/breakfast-treats/sweet-rolls/

• Like 1