• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2019

George BM

We have a small kitchen so we stored the coffee maker when we got the Keurig. But when I'm on deadline, I power drink coffee and it's a pain in the neck to replace the pod and wait for the brew cycle rather than just pour and nuke. But if we put out the coffee maker there'd be little room left on the counter given all the other kitchen paraphernalia. 

Of course maybe we'll have an epic ice storm in a couple of days and render this first world problem moot. 

29 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Miller Lite is actually good.  No, seriously.

Used to drink it a lot when I was younger, and poorer, and had no idea what real beer was.

I will say, on a super hot day, like if I am out mowing the lawn, an ice cold pony- once in a while- can still do the trick. :yikes:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

The sleep thing is definitely real. Shift work kills your metabolism. No real schedule for your body to follow. Your body is a well oiled machine when it works in sync. If you flip nights and days on work, it raises hell with your insulin production. It takes a lot of adjusting.

BINGO! I've 'shifted' for 33 years now. I think everyone should do a year of it just to get a 'feel' and appreciation for those that do it all the time.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

My friends and I did a blind cheap beer taste test, 10 beers, back in the day.

Had a bartender pour in 4 cups.

Unanimously the top cheap beer was PBR. The worst was surprisingly Heineken.

Back in my 'drinking days' (16-21, geesh that was a long time ago) whenever I had a couple PBR's I'd wake the next morning with the killer pounding headache. Nothing else EVER did that to me, beer, wine, whiskey, pure grain...all good, PBR's, bad.

tea is my coffee.  i'm in the "i don't like coffee" group...im also in the "i don't care too much for beer group" as well, especially ipa's.  can't stand the bitterness.  there are some beers i like...i find lagers and porters to be in my zone.  anything too hoppy, though, is just not for me.  

and after all the different bourbons i've tried in the last couple years, i still don't like scotch.

10 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Yessir, whereever that heavy band sets up is gonna be fun. 

9A17A862-D764-4FA3-A612-D4779843D5AA.png

Moved this here out of respect to storm mode, but suspect some others may be interested...

Care to provide the link to the soundings app.  Also, is there an easy to read tutorial on the soundings chart with some examples.  Understand the warm nose concept etc, but would be great to see some examples of where the profile represents "normal" snow, heavy snow, sleet, freezing rain etc...   

Thanks

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, Heineken is pretty much the worst mainstream beer out there. Such a lingering aftertaste too. Definitely a collection of perfumes and chemicals to approximate beer versus a beer itself.

Fully agree - Heineken here is a much different taste than in Europe.  Still, even the European version w/o all the additives is blah.  Especially with so many alternatives in Europe to pick from.  Never understood the appeal other than they have a strong marketing department. 

8 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Fav beer for the last 4-5 years has been Weihenstephaner Vitus. Another excellent brew is Lexington Brewing Co. Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. 

Too many good beers to have a favorite for me. Overall I like the high gravity stuff, so Imperial stouts and IPAs.

Been on a DFH 120 min IPA kick lately.