Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2019

George BM

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

That sounds delicious! I would love the recipe for those fat bombs lol

http://www.journeyofselflove.com/blog/2017/1/23/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cheesecake-keto-fat-bombs

i recommend putting them in a silicone muffin or candy bar tray. So you have nice bit size bombs that are easy to get right from the freezer when you want them. 

I order the sugar substitute from amazon, and use organic creamy peanut butter. I also melt half a 100% cocoa bar in the microwave and mix in with the rest of the ingredients. Then I throw some dark chocolate chips in before putting in the silicone tray, for that crunch. 

• Like 2

I roasted chicken breasts (brined them beforehand) with roasted vegetables (sweet potatoes, carrots, red onions, Brussel sprouts) and made a balsamic reduction to drizzle on top of the vegetables for dinner tonight.  Perfect to pair with a fire in the wood stove while its freezing rain outside.  We have my parents, my sisters and their families here this weekend (5 kids under the age of 9).  

Thank goodness for alcohol. :P

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I roasted chicken breasts (brined them beforehand) with roasted vegetables (sweet potatoes, carrots, red onions, Brussel sprouts) and made a balsamic reduction to drizzle on top of the vegetables for dinner tonight.  Perfect to pair with a fire in the wood stove while its freezing rain outside.  We have my parents, my sisters and their families here this weekend (5 kids under the age of 9).  

Thank goodness for alcohol. :P

I'm frackin' RAVENOUS now!

http://www.journeyofselflove.com/blog/2017/1/23/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cheesecake-keto-fat-bombs
i recommend putting them in a silicone muffin or candy bar tray. So you have nice bit size bombs that are easy to get right from the freezer when you want them. 
I order the sugar substitute from amazon, and use organic creamy peanut butter. I also melt half a 100% cocoa bar in the microwave and mix in with the rest of the ingredients. Then I throw some dark chocolate chips in before putting in the silicone tray, for that crunch. 

Omg. This is 100% getting made this week lol. That would be a very good meal cap and easy to take to work.

• Like 1

99% of weight control is due to 1) getting proper sleep 2) keeping stress/cortisol levels low, and 3) not having every obesity gene that they have a name for. Which is why some of us never eat hot dogs, drink nothing but water, yet still remain obese. 

The sleep thing is definitely real. Shift work kills your metabolism. No real schedule for your body to follow. Your body is a well oiled machine when it works in sync. If you flip nights and days on work, it raises hell with your insulin production. It takes a lot of adjusting.

• Like 2

Tuesday night Leesburg, Rockville, Howard County, Montgomery County, and Northwestern Washington DC will be obscenely murdered by torrential snow. A meteorological setup is in the offing that will develop unusually heavy precipitation that will be all snow. The Deathband will develop and obtain for hours and hours as the snow piles up in the aforementioned areas.

I will be very happy as I feast on the storm topic, which will be filled with many happy snow enthusiasts who will be in orbit.

Told ya all you would get hit by snow.

Stock up on ice melter, Jebman shovels, snowblowers and stout. 

I realize you been takin a break Bob Chill but you need to consider getting back on these forums because we just might need The Face.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

My first and only call for mby. 1" of snow at 10-1 ratio then 2" of sleet at 2-1 ratio then .15 of freezing rain....fairly substantial frozen event....no rain here

I will go with 1-2" of snow/sleet here, followed by a deluge. I love the legit CAD look but somewhat like the November storm, my area will probably be too far east to maximize the front end isentropic lift (thump) while the column is still really good. Hopefully this time it wont be that bad, but given the proximity of the SE ridge and the primary track so far west, it would not surprise me if I'm sitting here for hours again with temps in the upper 20s watching pixie dust falling, while places just W are getting smoked lol.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I will go with 1-2" of snow/sleet here, followed by a deluge. I love the legit CAD look but somewhat like the November storm, my area will probably be too far east to maximize the front end isentropic lift (thump) while the column is still really good. Hopefully this time it wont be that bad, but given the proximity of the SE ridge and the primary track so far west, it would not surprise me if I'm sitting here for hours again with temps in the upper 20s watching pixie dust falling, while places just W are getting smoked lol.

I hope this is a uniform storm regardless of precip type but we all have lived here long enough to know that uniform storms rhyme with unicorn storms. I hope everyone cashes in some at least

• Like 2

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

I hope this is a uniform storm regardless of precip type but we all have lived here long enough to know that uniform storms rhyme with unicorn storms. I hope everyone cashes in some at least

Lol it likely wont be. I am good with whatever I get though. The setups have not been great for eastern areas, but then I was over climo snow last winter when the DC area was in the snow hole. This stuff tends to even out.

2 minutes ago, snowfan said:

The board has been ugly lately and now a storm is approaching. Good recipe for crazy behavior during the next 6 model run times. Still a long way to go. 

Gotta love being reminded the LWX snowfall forecast will bust if the EURO is right.....no shit.

maybe @stormtracker will go storm mode? i dunno... I'll be around hiding things I guess. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, snowfan said:

The board has been ugly lately and now a storm is approaching. Good recipe for crazy behavior during the next 6 model run times. Still a long way to go. 

Gotta love being reminded the LWX snowfall forecast will bust if the EURO is right.....no shit.

Wait until the "its gonna be 50 on Thursday so it's going to melt fast" crew shows up. That should be fun 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1