• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2019

George BM

That is generally the way I eat. Been doing it for years. Low carbs, little to no refined sugar, good fats, and high protein. Almost all my carbs come from green vegetables. And beer.

Yup. It’s been amazing. Wish I did this sooner. I have my macros set to 70/20/10 with 70 from fat, 20 from protein and 10 from carbs. I’ve lost weight already maintaining my diet and getting some more exercise walking. It’s great. Only been doing it for 2 weeks. My father lost 47 lbs in 6 months doing it and looks like a completely different person. He’s almost not diabetic either. The goal is to lose 60 by end of year. That would put me near my goal weight. I’m a big dude. 6’3” and around 310. Luckily, a lot of my weight is well rounded and not all stomach or anything. Once I lose some weight and fix my neck, going to get back into weight lifting. I’m hoping to get a linebacker look by end of 2020 lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I’m doing Keto right now and loving it!! Avocados are so good. I eat them straight with salt and pepper. Love them. The avocado’s at the grocery store here the best I’ve ever had. Cheese is also a big staple in this lifestyle switch. Protein and fat with a little carbs. It does stink that I can’t have stuff like Mac and Cheese, fries, or other snacks, but cheese cubes, assorted nuts, and Greek yogurt have been great to eat for snacks and meal additions. Plus, any diet that encourages eating ribeye steaks and butter is good with me haha

Let me kow if you need anhy Fat Bomb recipes.  I am involved in nutrition and do marketing on Pinterest as well.  My wife is doing Keto, she lost 15 pounds ! 

Some say it is simply a overall reduction in calories, but honestly you can be in ketosis and still over eat, right.  However,  I have always felt that folks eat too much processed, high sugar foods and many friends I have  would benefit form a higher ratio of healthy fats and protein to carbs.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, frd said:

Let me kow if you need anhy Fat Bomb recipes.  I am involved in nutrition and do marketing on Pinterest as well.  My wife is doing Keto, she lost 15 pounds ! 

Some say it is simply a overall reduction in calories, but honestly you can be in ketosis and still over eat, right.  However,  I have always felt that folks eat too much processed, high sugar foods and many friends I have  would benefit form a higher ratio of healthy fats and protein to carbs.  

I would love to take any recipes you have! I'm exploring different meal options for food prepping since I work shift work. I prepare a ton of food, then I put it into containers and label for the coming 5 days. I'm pretty much at ketosis now after measuring it this morning using Ketone test strips. This might be the greatest decision I've ever made for my health. I love it. I'm making a pot roast today for the next 4 dinners. Simple recipe and perfect for keto. Feel free to PM me to continue the conversation. Heading to the grocery store now. 

48 minutes ago, Ji said:

Playing guitar today taking a break from the board! How are we doing?1ca785be2a197b0257433790e47b8ea4.jpg

The nam gives you 16 so in order to calculate the right snowfall from that you apply the following formula:

N: nam output

C: under modeled cad (this is ALWAYS the case)

O: faster on set

B: nam bs multiplier

Total = (N+C+O)*B

Or (16+2+2)*0.5 = 10 inches

5 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

I’m doing Keto right now and loving it!! Avocados are so good. I eat them straight with salt and pepper. Love them. The avocado’s at the grocery store here the best I’ve ever had. Cheese is also a big staple in this lifestyle switch. Protein and fat with a little carbs. It does stink that I can’t have stuff like Mac and Cheese, fries, or other snacks, but cheese cubes, assorted nuts, and Greek yogurt have been great to eat for snacks and meal additions. Plus, any diet that encourages eating ribeye steaks and butter is good with me haha

Love avocados.  Agree that even just by themselves with salt and pepper is great. There was a place in Atlanta when I lived there that had an avocado appetizer... Both halves served with an Italian type dressing poured into the gap where the pit was. F'ing awesome stuff right there! I would get that for myself as a meal. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PDIII said:

Did showme get reaped or something? Did I miss something?

Ha!  No way...he laughed in the Reaper's face many a time!!  Maybe he's taking a sabbatical like Chill is, due to some of the inane commentary in the other discussion threads.  Can't blame him (or Bob Chill) if that's the case, to be honest.  It was getting pretty bad in here.  Or...maybe he and Chill are reading all this "offline" in a bar somewhere, laughing their asses off at everyone else fumbling along with the PBP of the models and analysis!! :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maestrobjwa said:

What church is that? (And do we have any other musicians on this board? :D)

Yep, I don’t post much, but I perform regularly in the Rockville, Md area. I think there are a lot of weather weenie musicians on this board. We are a subset of the general crazed weather enthusiast population. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Yup. It’s been amazing. Wish I did this sooner. I have my macros set to 70/20/10 with 70 from fat, 20 from protein and 10 from carbs. I’ve lost weight already maintaining my diet and getting some more exercise walking. It’s great. Only been doing it for 2 weeks. My father lost 47 lbs in 6 months doing it and looks like a completely different person. He’s almost not diabetic either. The goal is to lose 60 by end of year. That would put me near my goal weight. I’m a big dude. 6’3” and around 310. Luckily, a lot of my weight is well rounded and not all stomach or anything. Once I lose some weight and fix my neck, going to get back into weight lifting. I’m hoping to get a linebacker look by end of 2020 lol

We had a keto friendly dinner; chicken parm (not breaded) with cream spinach. Made some peanut butter and cream cheese fat bombs earlier for my husband for the week. We’ve been doing it off and on for a year now. 

• Like 1