Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2019

George BM

16 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The biggest problem we have in politics right now is both “sides” decided the best way to win was to try to label the other side a pejorative. Liberalism nor conservatism is synonymous with good or bad. They are just different views on how to best structure society.  Neither side is trying to destroy America. They just disagree on what better is. Both sides can be vulnerable to being manipulated by bad people with nefarious motives but neither philosophy is inherently good or bad.  There are good and bad people on both sides.

The irony imo is that since both sides have labeled each other evil and are so hostile towards each other they have both begun to tolerate and insulate “bad” people on their own side because they are “the lesser of two evils” politically. Instead of grouping people as good or bad based on how they treat others and their character we label them based on their political ideology.  That’s not good for society or politics. 

Too much hackery when it comes to politics.

See a similar type of thing with fans of professional sports teams.

• Like 3

This was a great discussion from last night into this morning. I have a mixture of views. I lean more right economically and left socially. I remember taking one of those huge questionnaires to see where I land in the political spectrum. I ended up exactly where I said and only 8% of people who took the questionnaire ended up there lol. In any case, I am the son of father who’s grandfather came to America in 1927 due to rise in Nazism and a mother who is from Ecuador and came to America in 1972. My great-grandfather on my mom side was a German Jew who fled to South America in 1930 and ended up in a town just outside Quito, Ecuador. I have no tolerance for bigotry and hate. But I do respect differing opinions and have had great conversation on matters through the years. At the end of the day, we are all humans living on a giant sphere moving quickly around a giant, flaming star. We should respect the people we inhabit this planet and the planet itself. It takes $0 to be friendly and I for one love to be that friendly guy :)

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, stormtracker said:
All this love and warm feelings in this thread.  I need to drop a bomb in here.

Here it goes.   I don't care for Macaroni and Cheese.  Just never liked it.  Don't understand why it's so popular.
There.  

I’ll only eat cheese on pizza. Otherwise it is an unnecessary addition to otherwise good foods. Hamburgers? Sandwiches? Pasta? No cheese, please.

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Not a big M&C fan, although I have had it a few times when it was home made and it can be killer, with high-end cheese and some texture and crunch on top. Also great deep fried(what isnt?)

Certainly not any of that shit out of the box tho.

I think the stuff out of the box is radioactive.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

The biggest problem we have in politics right now is both “sides” decided the best way to win was to try to label the other side a pejorative. Liberalism nor conservatism is synonymous with good or bad. They are just different views on how to best structure society.  Neither side is trying to destroy America. They just disagree on what better is. Both sides can be vulnerable to being manipulated by bad people with nefarious motives but neither philosophy is inherently good or bad.  There are good and bad people on both sides.

The irony imo is that since both sides have labeled each other evil and are so hostile towards each other they have both begun to tolerate and insulate “bad” people on their own side because they are “the lesser of two evils” politically. Instead of grouping people as good or bad based on how they treat others and their character we label them based on their political ideology.  That’s not good for society or politics. 

I love avocados. I will literally eat them with/on anything. Hass is the best.

I’m doing Keto right now and loving it!! Avocados are so good. I eat them straight with salt and pepper. Love them. The avocado’s at the grocery store here the best I’ve ever had. Cheese is also a big staple in this lifestyle switch. Protein and fat with a little carbs. It does stink that I can’t have stuff like Mac and Cheese, fries, or other snacks, but cheese cubes, assorted nuts, and Greek yogurt have been great to eat for snacks and meal additions. Plus, any diet that encourages eating ribeye steaks and butter is good with me haha

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

I’m doing Keto right now and loving it!! Avocados are so good. I eat them straight with salt and pepper. Love them. The avocado’s at the grocery store here the best I’ve ever had. Cheese is also a big staple in this lifestyle switch. Protein and fat with a little carbs. It does stink that I can’t have stuff like Mac and Cheese, fries, or other snacks, but cheese cubes, assorted nuts, and Greek yogurt have been great to eat for snacks and meal additions. Plus, any diet that encourages eating ribeye steaks and butter is good with me haha

That is generally the way I eat. Been doing it for years. Low carbs, little to no refined sugar, good fats, and high protein. Almost all my carbs come from green vegetables. And beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Oh, you went there.  I have an intense hatred for hotdogs.   Wouldn't eat them if it was the last food on Earth.   I'd eat Mac and Cheese first.  Then dirt.  Then hot dogs. 

I missed this part... are you me? Hotdogs are horrible. Occasionally I'll try one, it'll start out ok, then by the end I want to vomit. No bueno.

And for the cheese on pasta people... why? Horrible texture, ruins the taste of the sauce and other ingredients. It becomes cheese and noodles rather than pasta. And if you say you only sprinkle it on, then what is even the point? 

For the cheese on hamburgers... I share this article https://chicago.suntimes.com/food/say-cheese-not-when-im-getting-a-hamburger/

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

I missed this part... are you me? Hotdogs are horrible. Occasionally I'll try one, it'll start out ok, then by the end I want to vomit. No bueno.

And for the cheese on pasta people... why? Horrible texture, ruins the taste of the sauce and other ingredients. It becomes cheese and noodles rather than pasta. And if you say you only sprinkle it on, then what is even the point? 

For the cheese on hamburgers... I share this article https://chicago.suntimes.com/food/say-cheese-not-when-im-getting-a-hamburger/

When I go into a burger joint and I get a burger with bacon and say those exact words...there's a pause and they incredulously ask...so, no cheese?  A hamburger?  Not a bacon cheeseburger?  Exactly.  No cheese.    "well...ok then".

I never add cheese to pasta with a non-cheese based sauce.  Actually, like you, I never add cheese to any pasta.  

• Like 1

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

It doesn't bother me that some of you have different political views than I do, but I can't be in the same forum with the kind of people that don't like cheese or hotdogs or cheese and hotdogs.

Weird thing is...I love sausages, brats and the like.  But hot dogs?  Give me 33 and rain first. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2