Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2019

George BM

1 minute ago, HighStakes said:

I'm a lot more low key than you lol. however I won't take any of the sh@t either. They automatically think everyone agrees with their beliefs so when I go against it they cant stand it. On the day of the presidential election, as I was walking into Manchester valley high school to vote a bunch of locals say to me " I hope you're voting for Trump " my response was " I HOPE YOU'RE NOT ". 

I wish you could see the expression on some of their faces when they find out I'm half Jewish. I love it. I could go on forever with the stories but this really isn't the right platform for this but you already know the drill.

Lol. I can beat that. Waiting in line one year the couple behind me asked for my voter guide info on the school board candidates...then said “oh god no they are endorsed by the teachers association”. I grabbed the flyer back and said I’m a teacher. They looked really uncomfortable. 

Lest people get the wrong idea by far most people up here are not like that.  It’s just one moron on my street out of the 6 families. It was a few morons with the flag thing. But for some reason the idiots are a lot more open and in your face about it here than when I lived in NJ and VA.  There were racists and idiots there too but they tried to hide it.  You didn’t hear them yelling slurs in Walmart or using the n word for no reason at the gas station or come up to you for no reason and made racist jokes or random comments. It’s a weird phenomenon. 

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I see Carroll county hasn't changed much since I lived there lol. Ira T. Barnes ring a bell?

Of course Caroline county is probably worse :lol:

The overall mentality has not change but there are more newer neighborhoods and developments like mine that have a more progressive way of thinking. Still plenty Confederate flags flying like PSU said.

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Lol. I can beat that. Waiting in line one year the couple behind me asked for my voter guide info on the school board candidates...then said “oh god no they are endorsed by the teachers association”. I grabbed the flyer back and said I’m a teacher. They looked really uncomfortable. 

Lest people get the wrong idea by far most people up here are not like that.  It’s just one moron on my street out of the 6 families. It was a few morons with the flag thing. But for some reason the idiots are a lot more open and in your face about it here than when I lived in NJ and VA.  There were racists and idiots there too but they tried to hide it.  You didn’t hear them yelling slurs in Walmart or using the n word for no reason at the gas station or come up to you for no reason and made racist jokes or random comments. It’s a weird phenomenon. 

Yes, there are a lot of real good people here. I'll never agree politically with them but they respect the debate and my views. 

32 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Lol this is the least antagonistic shirt I have. Was a gift from someone. When I’m in the mood to mix it up with the locals I’ll throw on one of my more inflammatory ones and just go out around town.  I used to try to lay low and not get into it...then between some of the abhorrent outright blatant racist things people have said to me...and the death threats I got after I started a protest campaign that ended up in the paper and forced Manchester stop displaying the confederate flag at our official fire dept fair...I decided F it I’m going the other way and throwing it in their faces!!!

25 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

One of my neighbors has a confederate encampment in his yard and walks around wearing a confederate battle hat and a shirt that says Robert E Lee...if you aren’t with us you’re against us.  Lol.  

If he can do that I should be able to wear any shirt I want. My other “sane” neighbor was messing with him recently. He isn’t actually moving but he told him he was and that he was showing the property to prospective buyers that evening knowing it would drive him crazy when he saw they were African American.  Everyone played along. Even walked them around the property pointing at stuff to make it seem they were scouting it out. 

Wow man...my condolences having to deal with all that crap!  I'd about lose it to be honest.  And displaying the confederate flag at a fire department fair...dafuq??  Really?

I lived in Atlanta for several years while in grad school up through mid-2001.  Fortunately, since it was fairly open/liberal/cosmopolitan in Atlanta (and Georgia Tech's campus), I didn't see a lot of the other BS that goes on "outside" the metro area there, but I sure knew about it.  At that time they still had the confederate flag prominently displayed as part of the GA state flag, and don't even get me started about the Stone Mountain carving (east of Atlanta).  It was like entering a different world...heck, a different century!...when one got much outside Atlanta.  I will say this...I always was proud to have John Lewis as my Congressman at the time (he's still there!), in the district I lived in.  Got to vote for him like 3 times while there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

This is where I am. Yea some are annoying but I can easily tune it out. But I don’t want to see the better posters like chill walk away.  If that keeps happening this place won’t be as good anymore and the clowns will run the show. 

That would be disasterous...and I do regret my part in driving some of them away this year. (Particularly in December--especially regret that. That was awful). Didn't fully realize how it was affecting others on here...I've made a conscious decision to try and do better...wish others would do the same so we can get a bit more sanity back in here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I can respectfully disagree with conservatives and have plenty of conservative friends. But I have no time or patience for bigots. 

Same here.  I don't mind a good debate/discussion with someone who won't resort to ad hominem attacks or comments, deny facts or science, or go on and on about culture wars.  I may not agree with most of their positions (my views are certainly left of center), but I would be able to respect the difference of opinion and perhaps reach some consensus on a lot of issues.  I cannot talk to someone who is so batshit crazy unreasonable and way out there in their ideology.  There's just no way to converse or debate with that.

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Gotta love the Eagles fans with the bold talk after finally winning a SB....Talk smack after you have 3. With their time frame on winning one that will only take another 80 or 90 years.

I didn’t say a thing about the Eagles. I expressed sympathy for your current situation. Your owner is a disaster. The Redskins have been one of the bottom 10 teams in regular season and playoff record the last 20 years. That’s just a fact. I feel bad for you. I know a lot of Redskins fans. It’s not even fun rooting against them anymore at some point it’s just sad.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

He said he is fine just annoyed and done with posting for a while. 

Crying shame it had to come to this. Oughta be ashamed of ourselves (some of us, anyway)...so now, how do we clean up this forum, then so the good folks can start posting again?

Personally, I'm willing to be subjected to a penalty or something for bad posts and such...but I'm guessing that's already been tried?

21 hours ago, Deer Whisperer said:

We don’t deserve you

I am really not that important, but you guys all deserve snow, and you WILL get snow, and lots of it, next week.

That will make my day as well, I love to see Mid Atlantic posters very happy in the midst of a good snowstorm.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jebman said:

I am really not that important, but you guys all deserve snow, and you WILL get snow, and lots of it, next week.

That will make my day as well, I love to see Mid Atlantic posters very happy in the midst of a good snowstorm.

love the confidence :) really hope we can bring this one home for your enjoyment

5 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

I can respectfully disagree with conservatives and have plenty of conservative friends. But I have no time or patience for bigots. 

Exactly....Shocking I AM A CONSERVATIVE. I dont want anything to do with the Govt in my life. And I dont want to have a conversation about that with any of you. My point is there is no place for Bigots, racists or homophobes in my life. We all need to get real and understand each others points of view. There is not enough love in this world as it is. Hate will solve nothing. Conversation CAN make a difference. Yet conversation seems impossible in our form of govt. It scares me in all honesty.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Exactly....Shocking I AM A CONSERVATIVE. I dont want anything to do with the Govt in my life. And I dont want to have a conversation about that with any of you. My point is there is no place for Bigots, racists or homophobes in my life. We all need to get real and understand each others points of view. There is not enough love in this world as it is. Hate will solve nothing. Conversation CAN make a difference. Yet conversation seems impossible in our form of govt. It scares me in all honesty.

Amen.  I’m a conservative too (a gay, Catholic, conservative no less) and what this country needs desperately is respect, tolerance, and an open mind to differing views.  It’s shocking how disrespectful society is in general these days.  It seems people only want conversation with those who agree with them — its dangerous and close minded and it happens way too often these days.  

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Better than Macallan 12? Same? Worse?

It’s the best thing that I’ve had since my last birthday, and that was Whistle Pig 12 year Old World, and I like this better. I am surprised how smooth and subtlety the rum blends with the whiskey, but in my review, it’s amazing.

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Top shelf ? 

Way top!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, nj2va said:

Amen.  I’m a conservative too (a gay, Catholic, conservative no less) and what this country needs desperately is respect, tolerance, and an open mind to differing views.  It’s shocking how disrespectful society is in general these days.  It seems people only want conversation with those who agree with them — its dangerous and close minded and it happens way too often these days.  

Wow, we have liberals from Carroll county and conservatives from Arlington! And they're all good people, too.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

Wow, we have liberals from Carroll county and conservatives from Arlington! And they're all good people, too.

The biggest problem we have in politics right now is both “sides” decided the best way to win was to try to label the other side a pejorative. Liberalism nor conservatism is synonymous with good or bad. They are just different views on how to best structure society.  Neither side is trying to destroy America. They just disagree on what better is. Both sides can be vulnerable to being manipulated by bad people with nefarious motives but neither philosophy is inherently good or bad.  There are good and bad people on both sides.

The irony imo is that since both sides have labeled each other evil and are so hostile towards each other they have both begun to tolerate and insulate “bad” people on their own side because they are “the lesser of two evils” politically. Instead of grouping people as good or bad based on how they treat others and their character we label them based on their political ideology.  That’s not good for society or politics. 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

It’s mostly a “retirement” plan. There are some more affordable places near ski towns. Outside steamboat or in Leadville which is close to Vail and Copper. Once I get my state pension I can work part time at some resort and be fine.  

Yep, been looking in Summit County for a while now, yikes on the prices, and they are skyrocketing. I now looking Fairplay/Alma/Leadville areas. Wished when son first moved to Breck area I'd looked and bought then, prices up 75-100% in 4 years.

3 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Yep, been looking in Summit County for a while now, yikes on the prices, and they are skyrocketing. I now looking Fairplay/Alma/Leadville areas. Wished when son first moved to Breck area I'd looked and bought then, prices up 75-100% in 4 years.

Yea that area is not gonna work but there are still affordable towns if you go off 70 a bit. Up by steamboat has affordable neighborhoods if you just want something economical. Im moving there for the outdoor experience so having a big place is not necessary.