Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2019

George BM

12 minutes ago, Ji said:

You know..i cant really vent on Facebook...my wife has too many friends who like the page that would report me to her lol...On Twitter--you will get ignored if you act like an ass and again i have alot of people that follow from church,etc

here....i i just need a place to vent.....ive learned so much from this place but I need to release all pent up energy from weather dissapointments that i cant do on Twitter or Facebook. Plus our area sucks for snow which dosent help. YOu are actually one of my favorite posters

lol you don’t need to bullshit me man, but I appreciate the sentiment even if you’re full of it.

Have a good weekend! :) 

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

lol you don’t need to bullshit me man, but I appreciate the sentiment even if you’re full of it.

Have a good weekend! :) 

everybody bring something to the table...not everyone has to be a weather expert to a be a fun read on this board. Ive actually started to really like chucks posts because it makes me laugh...i like negative people...i like positive people...i like yeoman...phineas. Howard is bit annoying though lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

I don't think it's depressing. It's annoying. People aren't here for the fun of the science anymore as much as looking for a dumpster to unload their displeasure or satisfaction deficit with basically everything. 

Amen!  Well, some of us are still here for the science and discussion (despite the dumpster fires).  And whatever fun can still be gleaned.  It does get annoying to see people show an unfavorable deterministic plot of the 384-h GFS 500 mb pattern and say "where's the great pattern, this sucks!!!", or "where did our day 12 storm go, it's gone, we're screwed!"  Every.Single.Cycle.  Or the feeling that if we're not getting a HECS, it's not worth it (as if those are a dime-a-dozen in these parts!  People forget that the "H" in HECS means historical for a reason!).

On a side note, Bob...I also like how you can really appreciate even the small events.  There are a certain number of those over the years that just "stand out" despite not being huge.  Some of them bookmark certain periods or add an exclamation point, so to speak.  You've mentioned the Feb. 14, 2015 snow squall a few times, and that's perhaps the best example of that kind of event.  2" in the space of an hour followed by an Arctic blast.  I still look back on that event as one of the neatest "little" events I can recall!  And of course it ushered in a great period of winter at that time, too.  Similarly, I actually liked the cold powder 1.5" snow I got on Feb. 1 this year.  It was more than expected, lasted most of the day...it just kept on snowing lightly and wouldn't stop!...and it was in the 20s all day long.  Nifty!

• Like 2

i just found out newest civ vi expansion includes
ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS
Volcanoes, storms (blizzards, sand storms, tornados, hurricanes), climate change, floods, and droughts.

i finally have a reason to buy this game

Still haven’t been able to make myself move on from Civ V... let me know if you actually get VI and if it’s any good.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Nonstop burials. The end is here.

You will not bury The Jebman.

I say the Mid Atlantic WILL see deep snows THIS winter.

I dont have no Deb. It was 84/58 in Austin today and I still dont feel the Deb, because what makes all right in the world for me, is the Mid Atlantic getting deep accumulating snows. I'll gladly take 112 degrees in Austin if it would help Washington DC and Rockville MD get four feet of pow driven by 40 mph northerly winds at 10 degrees. I want you guys to get COLD SMOKED but good!

And, you WILL get them - within the next 4 weeks. The snow will be heavy and deep and everything will get shut down and OPM will be a total disaster and snow lovers will be so happy they will be in orbit!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jandurin said:

i just found out newest civ vi expansion includes

ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS

Volcanoes, storms (blizzards, sand storms, tornados, hurricanes), climate change, floods, and droughts.

i finally have a reason to buy this game

@H2O and I have played Civ6 on iPad and Mac. Right now the two expansions (rise and fall was the first) are only on PC/steam. Kind of a bummer as I really enjoying playing but it’s limited compared to the expansions. The latest one sounds intriguing. 

• Like 3

The only times the negativity really gets to me is when it’s close to gametime or during the event itself.  At that point, it’s like when you’re at the movies trying to enjoy the show and there’s that obnoxious group that won’t stfu.  Otherwise, the emotional aspect of wanting something you have no control over is just part of the game.  I also think a break can be good...for any hobbies really.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jebman said:

You will not bury The Jebman.

I say the Mid Atlantic WILL see deep snows THIS winter.

I dont have no Deb. It was 84/58 in Austin today and I still dont feel the Deb, because what makes all right in the world for me, is the Mid Atlantic getting deep accumulating snows. I'll gladly take 112 degrees in Austin if it would help Washington DC and Rockville MD get four feet of pow driven by 40 mph northerly winds at 10 degrees. I want you guys to get COLD SMOKED but good!

And, you WILL get them - within the next 4 weeks. The snow will be heavy and deep and everything will get shut down and OPM will be a total disaster and snow lovers will be so happy they will be in orbit!

We don’t deserve you

1 hour ago, Ji said:
3 hours ago, Clueless said:
What happened with Bob?  Geez.  I’ve been busy.  

He joined mitchnick...ian... zwyts and marcus

Looks like the weenies have overtaken the pros.  :(  I love snow, but admittedly find Ji's meltdowns kind of humorous.

I wish the pros wouldn't take some negativity and bad posting so seriously.  I'm not one of the best posters, so I mainly lurk and learn.  Ji kind of reminds me of the guy in the beginning of the clip after a bad run of the Euro takes away 1 foot of his digital snow.

5 hours ago, Ji said:
7 hours ago, Clueless said:
What happened with Bob?  Geez.  I’ve been busy.  

He joined mitchnick...ian... zwyts and marcus

Think that should may be telling something to some of the posters on this board? Hell, I am almost in the same place Bob is in at this point. Don't know how many times that I have started writing something up in the last month on the disco just to give up because I didn't feel like spending most of my time trying to carefully word it so it wouldn't trigger some individuals. Disco thread used to be about discussing what the models were showing. Now it seems it is nothing more then a therapy session for the weenies. A session where meltdowns, attacks on others, venting, general nonsense and mayhem, etc... are far too prevalent and bury any real discussion there may be. I have followed this board through it's many migrations for 22+ years because I enjoyed the tracking and discussing it with fellow enthusiasts. But the last few years have been trying as my enjoyment has greatly waned. I am at the point now where I am taking longer and longer breaks from this board just for sanity's sake and actually enjoying it.

Not really sure what the solution is, if in fact there is one. We have tried pleading with individuals for some self control. That has fallen on deaf ears for the most part. We have tried more moderation but all we have gotten from that was nonstop and disgusting attacks on some Mods driving them away. Mods I might add, that were good people that were giving freely of their time to try to make the boards better for us. Other things have been tried as well. All of these attempts have fallen flat as the board continues to deteriorate year after year. Along with this deterioration we are also seeing a constant bleeding away of the more knowledgeable and better posters. Though I would find no enjoyment with it, if this is what the majority want then so be it. I am beyond fighting it anymore. I will just move on elsewhere to get my model/tracking fix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, showmethesnow said:
Think that should may be telling something to some of the posters on this board? Hell, I am almost in the same place Bob is in at this point. Don't know how many times that I have started writing something up in the last month on the disco just to give up because I didn't feel like spending most of my time trying to carefully word it so it wouldn't trigger some individuals. Disco thread used to be about discussing what the models were showing. Now it seems it is nothing more then a therapy session for the weenies. A session where meltdowns, attacks on others, venting, general nonsense and mayhem, etc... are far too prevalent and bury any real discussion there may be. I have followed this board through it's many migrations for 22+ years because I enjoyed the tracking and discussing it with fellow enthusiasts. But the last few years have been trying as my enjoyment has greatly waned. I am at the point now where I am taking longer and longer breaks from this board just for sanity's sake and actually enjoying it.
Not really sure what the solution is, if in fact there is one. We have tried pleading with individuals for some self control. That has fallen on deaf ears for the most part. We have tried more moderation but all we have gotten from that was nonstop and disgusting attacks on some Mods driving them away. Mods I might add, that were good people that were giving freely of their time to try to make the boards better for us. Other things have been tried as well. All of these attempts have fallen flat as the board continues to deteriorate year after year. Along with this deterioration we are also seeing a constant bleeding away of the more knowledgeable and better posters. Though I would find no enjoyment with it, if this is what the majority want then so be it. I am beyond fighting it anymore. I will just move on elsewhere to get my model/tracking fix.

Again this is not unlike a sports or political forum. You have your experts...your knowledgeable people....people trying to learn...comedians...attention seekers...whiners....just block out the noise and do your thing. The board is amazing when we are legit tracking a storm. When the pattern sucks...or our patience for a pattern change is tried its frustrating. I mean if you are on the board to track snow and there is no snow in sight...its easy to get sucked into other topics lol. But there is still really good discussion overall. The majority of posts are still good or funny. There are really good posters on this board. Leaving is just silly unless you leave like I leave...once winter ends...i dont post till the next winter!

• Like 7

Wow. Well, I haven't been in as much myself this month mainly 'cuz I didn't see a lot to track for my area except rain. Reading the past 24-36 hours... To chill, mappy, psu, showme and the rest all I can say is I do understand the frustration. Especially mappy, no sense in that. If y'all feel you need the break, please take it, but don't walk away, I enjoy the talk and fun with all of you. That said, I am sitting here enjoying the snow that all the north lost the other day, ain't much (0.5 so far), but better than the goose egg I've had for the last month. Wishing everyone a good and safe day out there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1