Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2019

George BM

18 hours ago, Jebman said:

My late father's health suddenly took a very sharp turn downward on mid May last year. He passed on June 13, 2018. Most of my family lives down here. I moved down here in Buda, TX but I may yet find a way back up there for a time before I grow too damn old, lol.

Sorry about your loss. You're a good man Jeb. Hope you can enjoy more snow in the future someday.

• Like 2

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

But what does metfan have to say about the pattern going forward?  Better question is, who is he parroting at the moment? 

Even metfan says it’s over.  Couldn’t believe my eyes.  Guess they haven’t seen the MJO or SOI or the potential -NAO. They are a bunch of OP model huggers over there

Just now, BlueDXer75 said:

Even metfan says it’s over.  Couldn’t believe my eyes.  Guess they haven’t seen the MJO or SOI or the potential -NAO. They are a bunch of OP model huggers over there

NYC forum must really suck if anyone pays any attention to what metfan "thinks".

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Bold prediction: If February goes well, we might get at least 33 inches of snow (recorded by BWI) this month! :D 

An out there prediction based on little more than two historical years...lol

It would take a miracle to get that. Even if we have a good setup and very strong -NAO, getting multiple KU storms takes a lot of luck. It happened in Feb 2010, but we rarely get that lucky.

3 minutes ago, Fozz said:

It would take a miracle to get that. Even if we have a good setup and very strong -NAO, getting multiple KU storms takes a lot of luck. It happened in Feb 2010, but we rarely get that lucky.

I'd imagine we'd have to get several inches out of either early next week or something else...and then a 20+inch KU to at least get close, lol

3 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Wizards just need to lose out rest of season to get the best chance in lottery to get Zion

Here's the article about the trade:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25940828/bulls-get-otto-porter-wizards-bobby-portis-jabari-parker

And that's not going to happen... too many bad teams besides the Wizards who have horrible records

10 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Serious question...do people actually follow the Wizards around here?  I hardly ever hear people talk about them either at work or among friends.

I’m a basketball fan so I follow them as much as I can tolerate per year.  They will be a non-threat and irrelevant until they fire their GM, Ernie Grunfield.  It’s sad because DC has such a rich basketball history, relatively speaking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LP08 said:

I’m a basketball fan so I follow them as much as I can tolerate per year.  They will be a non-threat and irrelevant until they fire their GM, Ernie Grunfield.  It’s sad because DC has such a rich basketball history, relatively speaking.

Ah, so like the Redskins then.  ;)

Since you're a basketball fan, you should be excited that the East Regional is being played at Capital One Arena next month

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SnowCane said:

My parents live in Seattle so I've been checking on their weather situation.  Man, the mid atlantic forecast is depressing to look at after going through the models for the Seattle area.  They're going to get buried!

It's rare for Seattle to get big snowstorms... in fact they average much less snow than even DC. But with a deep -PNA and trough in the west, that's how it can happen.

5 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Just wondering what everyone was doing 9 years ago today? Shoveling maybe!? Shocked that nobody is talking about it. I’m still mad I was in Disney World reading the OBS thread on my Blackberry. Was so jealous. We HAD to pick that week to go see Mickey. :rolleyes:

I probably was drunk making snow angels.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Serious question...do people actually follow the Wizards around here?  I hardly ever hear people talk about them either at work or among friends.

Unfortunately I’m such a loser i love them. To make things worse I have watched every minute of tonight’s debacle. 

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Just wondering what everyone was doing 9 years ago today? Shoveling maybe!? Shocked that nobody is talking about it. I’m still mad I was in Disney World reading the OBS thread on my Blackberry. Was so jealous. We HAD to pick that week to go see Mickey. :rolleyes:

I was at wisp with a group of friends for wife's birthday

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fozz said:

Sorry about your loss. You're a good man Jeb. Hope you can enjoy more snow in the future someday.

Thanks. Dad was a very good man too. I miss him a lot. Sometimes I wish I had stayed home and watched more football with him some nights instead of going on jebwalks.

I am sure I will see snow again someday. I miss the snow, but what I REALLY  miss, are the COLD TEMPS. South central TX is slightly milder than Dale City Va lol.

Anyone remember this?

https://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0201D&L=skivt-l&P=R11466

Set your stout down. You are gonna laugh out loud. That enough snow for you guys? LOL

• Like 1