• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2019

George BM

Melt down over the misreading of 'tea leaves' and being rob of a HEC in the long range thread. Jeesh it is a long range forecast projection, not a locked in guarantee forecast . Is it me or does it seems every model run is taken literally? Maybe I should demand my money back on taking the over in the Superbowl. All the data and experts said offensive would totally dominate.

• Like 1

Just now, Jandurin said:

not a fan of NYC sorry

Haven't been there in years and don't intend to ever visit again. In fact whenever I head up to Cape Cod or even this year with our vacation in Maine, I take great pains to avoid even the hint of New York even if it means an extra hour or two of driving. Guess you could throw N Jersey into that conversation as well. Want no part of all that congestion and traffic not to mention that the drivers are complete idiots.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, supernovasky said:

Lately, 4 mile run, it’s a warm water discharge in the Potomac so it’s perfect for deep winter fishing! But in the spring just about every pond in Maryland has some bass.

Black hills is prob 10 minutes away from you. Best bass lake in Mongomery County and miles of easy shore access. Texas rigged rubber worms and weightless/weedless stickbaits are all you need. Purple worms and green pumpkin stickbaits are my go to colors. My son caught a 6 pound bass 2 years ago. 1-3 pounders are common. 

• Like 1

A map of the blizzard of 1979...Now what confuses me is that this clearly wasn't an "up the coast" storm...(or at least...the snowfall distribution wasn't up the coast like some of our other big storms!). So...how did this happen that it pummeled us...yet skirted places further northeast? (Any records on how this storm evolved? @psuhoffman? You seem to know where to find such records, lol)

1979-presidents-day-storm-noaa-2jpg-caf85da77642e5ea.jpg

29 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

A map of the blizzard of 1979...Now what confuses me is that this clearly wasn't an "up the coast" storm...(or at least...the snowfall distribution wasn't up the coast like some of our other big storms!). So...how did this happen that it pummeled us...yet skirted places further northeast? (Any records on how this storm evolved? @psuhoffman? You seem to know where to find such records, lol)

1979-presidents-day-storm-noaa-2jpg-caf85da77642e5ea.jpg

It was a perfect h5 track with an arctic 1048 high in the way. Wasn’t much of a surface system until it kind of went boom at the coast. Had a weak low west that transferred. Hybrid a/b. Came on the end of a cold period and warmed after with a big rainstorm like 2 days layer. 

5 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Why hasn't the Reaper picked you up yet? Seems like you would be easy pickings. :D

Because I don't panic or moan about lack of snow I am satisfied with whatever I get. I do like your objectivity in your posts though....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Because I don't panic or moan about lack of snow I am satisfied with whatever I get. I do like your objectivity in your posts though....

I am perfectly ok with not reaching climo/average snow. It wont change my perception of this winter either way.

Although where I am it could happen by accident- one fluke 8-10" event and I'm there.

10 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I am perfectly ok with not reaching climo/average snow. It wont change my perception of this winter either way.

Although where I am it could happen by accident- one fluke 8-10" event and I'm there.

My house may very well be at climo by Valentine's day....so my goggles have obviously been that this has been a solid winter 

• Like 1