Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February Banter 2019

George BM

7 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

On a trip this morning and to my surprise there is a nice little dusting still outside of Richmond. Guess it snowed everywhere but Charlottesville yesterday. emoji6.png

Think the Snow Gods are telling you something?

eta: lol. meant to put you in N Arlington and accidentally put Leesburg in. My bad. :lmao: Guess you are good to go then N Arlington. Poor Leesburg though.

snowgods.gif.2fff8f0ab62263f9167e8c1556223ec2.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Long range thread is a dumpster fire.   Too much emotions tied up in long range forecasts that are usually wrong.  The -NAO “stepped back” on a 360 hour ensemble run.  Who cares? 

It has looked generally weaker on the EPS overall, and even the GEFS has backed off a bit on the big time -NAO look. Biggest problem remains the Pacific, and a big block would mitigate that some.

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with the analysis in the LR thread. It gets testy IMO because there is too much going on in one thread. I like having the 2 threads- keep the trackable threat stuff separate from the LR pattern talk. 

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

It has looked generally weaker on the EPS overall, and even the GEFS has backed off a bit on the big time -NAO look. Biggest problem remains the Pacific, and a big block would mitigate that some.

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with the analysis in the LR thread. It gets testy IMO because there is too much going on in one thread. I like having the 2 threads- keep the trackable threat stuff separate from the LR pattern talk. 

Yeah I guess, it’s just annoying to check in for the analysis and have to read the posts about everyone’s emotions .

45 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

Its kind of amazing how society has evolved. Rewind to 2007 in the Easternwx days, and meltdowns where common and highly welcome when winter got bad. Panic and pessimism about reality was highly encouraged.

Today everyone needs a safe space from it.

Anything negative, no matter how much it represents reality, is somehow very very offensive!!!

I really think it is just a change in our culture. A negative one IMO.

lmao psu posting slightly negative things and your kind of negativity are world's apart

• Like 2

tossing in my two cents... as long as someone is a good, educated poster (so not me) they can deb about the LR as much as they want. If they have logical reasons behind not liking what they see then all is fine. It’s good to have positive & negative posts, people disagreeing and debating is how folks like me learn.

• Like 1

My final point only because I don't really want to inhibit anyone from doing what they love to do....it's not about last night it is a cumulative thing. I'm only expressing my feelings about it and I certainly don't speak for anyone else. Your analysis of the runs psu are spot on...bad news or good news it is what it is. I've gotten to 20" with a bad news winter so yeah maybe my posts are jaded I get that. Like I said just be you...maybe I just needed to get my opinion off of my chest. I'm going to get coffee and a new pair of running shoes. I hope everyone has a wonderful day...see ya in the dumpster later....I promise not to bring any more matches. I apologize for cluttering the main thread. Mods move or delete as you see fit. Hugs and kisses to all

A significant part of this subforum is well above season-to-date snow climo (IAD is 8" above, DCA is 5" above) while a significant part is below. That's not that common for our subforum and it's all because the DC metro area got that small-footprint 10" snowstorm in January. I don't care as much what the pattern shows moving forward as I just have this vague optimistic feeling we will see more snow, much like how I was pleasantly amused with how this past week turned out. I know for someone waiting for the big event, the perspective would be understandably different and the pattern hunt is more important.

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

You had to like that man . The week of the 13th as well ..for some 

It snowed once this week for southern and eastern areas, not counting the snow tv after the rain. The squall didn't make it over here. Still a wintry period for sure, with the big time cold and yesterday's event.

5 minutes ago, snowfan said:

GFS has the weekend system sliding south of us. Nice hit for central and southern va. Another low on its heels into the week of the 11th. Looks like a nice 4-5 day refresh then we are back to tracking threats. Happens nearly every winter.

But my beautiful snowpack is melting. 

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

My final point only because I don't really want to inhibit anyone from doing what they love to do....it's not about last night it is a cumulative thing. I'm only expressing my feelings about it and I certainly don't speak for anyone else. Your analysis of the runs psu are spot on...bad news or good news it is what it is. I've gotten to 20" with a bad news winter so yeah maybe my posts are jaded I get that. Like I said just be you...maybe I just needed to get my opinion off of my chest. I'm going to get coffee and a new pair of running shoes. I hope everyone has a wonderful day...see ya in the dumpster later....I promise not to bring any more matches. I apologize for cluttering the main thread. Mods move or delete as you see fit. Hugs and kisses to all

I also wasn’t trying to say your wrong or stifle your opinion.  Just wanted to understand your opinion.

DC area has been getting extremely lucky and maximizing potential in a not so good snow pattern.  Just look at the results all around.  I guess I don’t want to try to keep getting lucky (I’ve been less lucky) and I’m looking for a better odds pattern for a big storm. 

For all of those who constantly have this NE MD jealously thing going on. We've been getting completely hosed in comparison to the rest of the sub forum.

We watched with 2.4 inches while everyone else did better with the early January storm.

We essentially missed all the storms this week that hit Western areas.