• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

February 1, 2019 Clipper Snow

34 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

How much did you get? I got 1.5". Saw another report from Rockville with an identical total. Still snowing but I doubt there will be any more accumulation. Considering I was expecting a half inch or so this event was a very pleasant surprise. Cold snow with snow already on the ground makes me feel like I live in the adirondacks or something. lol

I'm about the same, which makes sense since we live in the same area.  Derwood seems to be a snow town these past few years.  

What an awesome snow day. Currently moderate snow here with nice sized flakes. The road has “caved” again. It looks like just north of 1.5” here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Some of that is from orographic enhancement over the mts...so you'll see a bit of a decrease in the intensity but it should hold together. 

Last I checked, the Froude numbers were 1.5-2.0 so the flow perpendicular to the ridges was not blocked at all and easily cresting the tops. You have to be subcritical blocked for the mountains to rob all the moisture. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Is that nice band sinking south into HoCo?

Answer is yes. Big flakes in Columbia now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Just measured 2.3"

17/13 with Light snow currently 

Jackpotville pulls the late win

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, das said:

Looks about right. Table still had snow on it but the railing was clear  

200CF8CA-797C-4276-9F45-6CE782BD9D45.thumb.png.7dad033dd02086899903cbe3dc933bf2.png

Edited to add, I like what I am seeing upstream. @WxUSAF (I think) had it right about a second impulse coming through. 

We have had moderate and accumulating snow since 3:50 pm.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ka60 said:

Clarksburg, MD SN @ 4:00 pm 2.3”

I’m guessing I must be closer to two inches then. I haven’t been home and only eyeballed snow depth. This last burst has definitely accumulated.

I noticed Mt Holly finally put a WWA in effect. They were still downplaying it in their late AM update, even as moderate snow was falling and some places were already over an inch.

OK, I may have been premature on the final call of 1.5 here in Derwood.  It's coming down moderately and seems to be accumulating again.  I cant seem to get much work done because I keep stopping to look out the window.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

I’d say S+ in Columbia right now, roads aren’t looking so good. 

I70 naso good at US40.

Trying to decide what to do about swimming lessons with the kids tonight.  This latest round of precip has the roads slightly snowed over again and it'll be after dark by the time we come back.