Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 1, 2019 Clipper Snow

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

It looks like it's already falling apart a little bit.

Some of that is from orographic enhancement over the mts...so you'll see a bit of a decrease in the intensity but it should hold together. HRRR has been pretty bad with this event so I'm not sure why people are taking it for gospel.  This is a total nowcast event.  Look like the back end is working southeast from Somerset/Bedford, PA which would put it rolling through the I-95 corridor around nightfall.

15 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

20/17

1.8"  May be able to crack the 2" mark before it winds down.  Still mod snow, high ratio stuff.

Eta:  Going out with a thump!  Heavy, big fluffy dendrites piling up quick. Dam we need a solid warning level storm.

Classic LaNina (kidding of course)...we nickle and dime to climo.  Wish we could get a cold flush 10" - 15" weekend event from RIC to NYC but that doesn't appear to be in the cards this winter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Classic LaNina...we nickle and dime to climo.  Wish we could get a cold flush 10" - 15" weekend event from RIC to NYC but that doesn't appear to be in the cards this winter. 

I Definitely cant complain about the past 3 weeks. Snowed 8 of the past 20 days for me. Arctic cold plunges. Just a real nice 3 week stretch of winter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Classic LaNina (kidding of course)...we nickle and dime to climo.  Wish we could get a cold flush 10" - 15" weekend event from RIC to NYC but that doesn't appear to be in the cards this winter. 

Back to pixie dust....fun while it lasted.  Agreed...I dont need 30" but I dont want 5-6".  Something in between with some good dynamics would be great.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic