• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 1, 2019 Clipper Snow

WxUSAF

Such a fun day! Beautiful out there. Final hurrah pushing through. Not even sure how much we got on the Elkridge/Columbia line, but I have loved every precious flake. I will leave the measurement to @WxUSAF for the official numbers. 

This afternoon, was even able to pull off a  @Jebmanshovel schematic to make sure my neighbors know who got the most snow. Me baby! All of it went into my yard. Even stole some off my neighbors lawns. LOLz.  Now back to my Duclaw Devils Milk. :drunk:

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Yea I’ve been on the edge of that. I bet they got it good because I’ve had intermittent huge flakes on the edge and it’s probabky dumping good in that band.  

Round-about way of indicating you were...dare I say!...fringed?! :D  I jest, of course (honest)!  I did see that elongated band headed right for Westminster on radar, looked pretty impressive.  Nice day and a nice little event for sure!

18 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Such a fun day! Beautiful out there. Final hurrah pushing through. Not even sure how much we got on the Elkridge/Columbia line, but I have loved every precious flake. I will leave the measurement to @WxUSAF for the official numbers. 

This afternoon, was even able to pull off a  @Jebmanshovel schematic to make sure my neighbors know who got the most snow. Me baby! All of it went into my yard. Even stole some off my neighbors lawns. LOLz.  Now back to my Duclaw Devils Milk. :drunk:

I wasn’t home most of the day and my job location never really saw anything above a decent snow shower but that last band that came through our area was a big surprise. I thought we were done. Just got back from a nice long run out in the snow globe. It was beautiful. Might have been my favorite winter moment so far seeing the pavement quickly caving as the snow picked up and the sun and temps dropped. Really made the event for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

Travel narrative:

Left DC at noon with 1.3”

encountered heavy snow on Kent Island to Easton and measured 3” in Easton. Most highway driving 45-50. Temperatures ranged 18-22.

Got to Dalisbury 10 minutes ago, 0.5” and 26

hpw much around DC?

Left Salisbury 530, 23F and got into light snow in Seaford and now moderate snow in Harrington, 2.5” and 19F

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scraff said:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy all that snow! You'll be glad you piled it up. I am so happy for you guys its off the scale! I want you all to get Februburied under a HUGE noreaster blizzard so bad! It would make my century!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today [and this week] have been good for the psyche, knowing we're going into a warmer period ... and that much of this will be gone Sunday.  But it doesn't feel so bad this time. 

And no hard, heavy shoveling required.

And then we get colder again.

-- 1.4" today (and inconsequential  S-  continues)

-- 18.5° at 7pm

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Measured an additional    .5" just now.  Puts me at  2.8" storm  total . Real nice event.  Started snowing at 630 am at 11 degrees.  Probably 2003 since that's happened.  Nice rates after 1pm .

22" Season

The last three weeks has been an unsually good january stretch. 4 events, some really cold air, snow on snow twice and over 15" in my yard. We can go years in between stretches like that. If Feb produces even modestly this year is going to get at least a B grade by my metrics. Still possible to get an A grade if things go off the rails later this month or March. 

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic