• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 1, 2019 Clipper Snow

WxUSAF

I'm with you guys that haven't reached double digits this year. This event puts me around 9 inches. Just northeast of Baltimore city. I think it's ridiculous to rule out February though. I understand early next week is going to suck but beyond that no one knows. How many times has the pattern looked like it was going to be AMAZING 10+ days away and it amounted to nothing? The reverse can, has, and will happen again. 

34 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

How much did you get? I got 1.5". Saw another report from Rockville with an identical total. Still snowing but I doubt there will be any more accumulation. Considering I was expecting a half inch or so this event was a very pleasant surprise. Cold snow with snow already on the ground makes me feel like I live in the adirondacks or something. lol

I'm about the same, which makes sense since we live in the same area.  Derwood seems to be a snow town these past few years.  

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Some of that is from orographic enhancement over the mts...so you'll see a bit of a decrease in the intensity but it should hold together. 

Last I checked, the Froude numbers were 1.5-2.0 so the flow perpendicular to the ridges was not blocked at all and easily cresting the tops. You have to be subcritical blocked for the mountains to rob all the moisture. 

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic