Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 1, 2019 Clipper Snow

WxUSAF

22 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Classic LaNina...we nickle and dime to climo.  Wish we could get a cold flush 10" - 15" weekend event from RIC to NYC but that doesn't appear to be in the cards this winter. 

We cannot at all rule out a big storm yet...I mean, perhaps I'm more optimistic because I'm betting on 1898/99 and 1978/79 history to repeat itself! :D

2 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

HRRR has been utterly worthless today.  I’ve checked it like 4 times and every time it initializes with snow over us and then dries it up within an hour or two. 

can't disagree.   the hi-res models just aren't meant for short-range details of winter snow bands; they're meant for deep convection.    the radar reflectivity assimilation doesn't work properly with low dbz stuff.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Honestly it’s weird. Seems like everyone around me has done better. I’m not over exaggerating either lol

I think it's been a problem for everybody from Baltimore north and west (I mean even during the storm a few weeks ago...there seemed to be a brick wall right at the city, lol Was still a decent 5" event, but...it was a tad frustrating!) But, if we get a legit big storm...obviously our snow fortunes can change in a hurry!

1 minute ago, Skywalker03 said:

We still have snow coming down in Derwood.  It hasn't stopped since early this morning.  Not really accumulating at this point, but it's been nice to see SnowTV all day.  Bring on the mini torch, and hopefully we'll get back to winter in another week.

How much did you get? I got 1.5". Saw another report from Rockville with an identical total. Still snowing but I doubt there will be any more accumulation. Considering I was expecting a half inch or so this event was a very pleasant surprise. Cold snow with snow already on the ground makes me feel like I live in the adirondacks or something. lol

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic