• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 1, 2019 Clipper Snow

WxUSAF

Light snow and 17 in Germantown; about 1/4" so far.

Anyone remember 1/5/2003?  That was a similar set up with a weak disturbance moving through with cold temps, and expected to drop around an inch.  It just popped right over the central part of the area, and I ended up with 5 inches.  One of my favorite overperformers.

Good for DC. Radar shows the bands of more moderate snow blossiming in Montgomery Co. and then pushing and expanding as they move south across the city into Northern Virginia. I really thought this would be a Frederick-Baltimore northern event. 

3 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

It’s a boom in Arlington. I’d call this SN and i thought we’d be lucky to see SN-

my drive started dry by the time I hit Springfield it picked up steadily all the way to Arlington

Yeah coming down good here.  School had a tough decision.  Looks like they made the wrong one.  

Just now, wolfpackwxDC said:

Neighborhood roads in Arlington completely covered. Just watched a FWD car struggle to get up the little hill that is my street. Tough to see ACPS not close at this point as there are much steeper hills in other parts of the county that buses certainly will not be able to navigate, right?

They have really had a rough go of it this year.  November debacle, then the only school to close the Tuesday after the Jan storm.  Now today with just a delay and no reassess like Fairfax did.  Yikes!

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic