Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 1, 2019 Clipper Snow

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

It wasn't always that way either, this is a recent thing. I first noticed it this winter.

Yea it's always kinda been there as @WxUSAF mentioned, but it's been especially bad this year.  Interesting thing is that you always see a fake radar maxima just north of Germantown...that's the water tower from WSSC at the intersection of Kings Valley Rd & Ridge Rd.

The roads are snow covered except in the spots that they were heavily brined/salted.  It is a dry snow, though, so they aren't actually that slick.  As long as you are paying attention and making deliberate decisions, travel is fine.  Of course, those qualities are in short supply in this region so it'll probably be a cluster.

Flake size has picked up again.  Nice little event.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I already have over half an inch of powder from this. Roads are a disgrace. Solid ice everywhere. Another overperformer that might get me to over 20 inches on the winter. 

This is the 8th day with snow falling out of the past 20 days for my area. What a fantastic 3 week stretch of winter this has been.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Parking lot has caved in Germantown, steady snow coming down, definitely a 0.3" coating on everything so far. May get 0.5" or more out of this.

you might pass 1" if it snows with this intensity.  I am only few miles from north Germantown.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic