Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 1, 2019 Clipper Snow

WxUSAF

Just now, supernovasky said:

Sidewalks have caved and the roads look like they are about to in untreated areas here in Germantown. Overperformer.

Looks like the sweet spot of going to be from I-66 / US 50 north to MD 26.  You can see the radar upstream back through Romney, WV blossoming nicely in  that area.  Might see a few 2" reports in the favored hilltops when this is done.

I think Germantown is in some sort of radar shadow, because we always have lower or no returns overhead, but I get the same level of snow as those with heavy returns around me.

You’re close to the NWS radar at Dulles. For low clouds and low topped events, like this one, you’re mostly in the cone of silence.

I think Germantown is in some sort of radar shadow, because we always have lower or no returns overhead, but I get the same level of snow as those with heavy returns around me.

Noticed that recently.  LWX has been in VCP 215 for this event and it's not capturing western Montgomery / eastern Loudoun County too well on the 0.5° reflective scan too well.

10 minutes ago, Joshfsu123 said:

Treated main roads are in good shape, cause of traffic but sidewalks and side roads were lost a while ago. Still snowing nicely in SE DC. 

Even main roads are starting to look rough in areas now in DC... a bunch of idiot drivers around too, from what I can tell from the bus. 

Snow picking up here in Woodlawn. I'd call it a light, steady snow shower now and all elevated surfaces and mulch/grass seeing accumulation. Still nothing on sidewalks and roads, though my complex just dumps mounds of salt everywhere so accumulation there would be hard. Kinda wish I was home today as it looks like Hoco is getting decent returns.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic