• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX

The Annual Countdown to May 1st Thread ©

58 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

One of my favorite things to do once we hit April is just play out the 384-HR GFS forecast instability 

Just wait til the fv3 takes over. The cold bias is worse in the low levels than mid/upper. CAPE fail. 

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Just wait til the fv3 takes over. The cold bias is worse in the low levels than mid/upper. CAPE fail. 

Well that sucks. I guess that explains all those giant snowstorms it would show 

6 hours ago, dendrite said:

Now there is a good reason to delay the model. Failed clown maps not so much.

On 3/14/2019 at 10:25 AM, weatherwiz said:

One of my favorite things to do once we hit April is just play out the 384-HR GFS forecast instability 

Just slightly ahead of socializing with freshmen girls....on campus....outdoors...while your buddies pass you a joint?

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Just slightly ahead of socializing with freshmen girls....on campus....outdoors...while your buddies pass you a joint?

:lol: just slightly 

44 days! 

Going to update the countdown every Monday morning until we get to 10 days then it will be daily. It's like watching the ball drop in slow motion. 

Should be fun. I’m anxiously awaiting that high of 45° with a low of 38° with 0.21” of rain and drizzle. 

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Should be fun. I’m anxiously awaiting that high of 45° with a low of 38° with 0.21” of rain and drizzle. 

Could always come visit down this way where it will be 70's and 80's with sticky dews. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Could always come visit down this way where it will be 70's and 80's with sticky dews. 

On 5/1? :lol:

It should also be noted I have had a LOT of convective dreams lately...usually a good indicator severe season is not only approaching, but a good indicator it may be active. 

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

disturbing

It's a huge letdown waking up. There was one last week that was awesome but I can't remember it.