Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Annual Countdown to May 1st Thread ©

weatherwiz

9 hours ago, Hoth said:

Hard to believe I'll be leafed out and cynically poopooing severe threats a mere month from now. Tempus fugit. 

Aspen should be showing green by then, and some foreast floor blooms like trout lilies, but 5/1 is too early for much else here.  The one year (2010) when apple blossoms opened during the 1st week of May, they got fried by 3 days of low-mid 20s late in week 2.  No apple butter that year.

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

Aspen should be showing green by then, and some foreast floor blooms like trout lilies, but 5/1 is too early for much else here.  The one year (2010) when apple blossoms opened during the 1st week of May, they got fried by 3 days of low-mid 20s late in week 2.  No apple butter that year.

A year without apple butter is like a year without sunshine. 

20 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

Much like the tropics, it just takes one good event to make a severe season worthy. Lets hope luck is on our side and we can cash in with a large damage swath.

I'm sure property owners will agree with you. Nothing says summer like having major home damage and having to deal with insurance companies and contractors. And living out of a roadside motel in scenic Billerica. Now that is what I call a summer of yore...…….