Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/29-1/30 obs

40/70 Benchmark

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Off topic, Last post on this, But i bowled in a few pro ams at BDL, With Walter Ray Williams JR and Pete Webber to name a few, And some tourney's in BDR over the years as well as in RUT.

Used to bowl on the duckpin pro tour (yes, there is such a thing) until a few years ago.  That's me in the middle back when my hair wasn't a distant memory.

1983ProTourWinners.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, dryslot said:

That's awesome, Never tried duckpin but did candlepin for a couple seasons.

I bowled duckpins and candlepins for a few seasons and that went well since the delivery is pretty much the same.  Only bowled tenpins a few times in my life, and I was absolutely horrible.  Just couldn't adapt.  Just to get things back on a weather track . . . drove back from bowling up route 24 last night in 34 degree rain.  50 minute drive each way for my Tuesday night league, so I'm not a fan of Tuesday weather events!

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

AEBYT (as everyone but you thought)

So, I caved and believed NWS and Accuweather! LOL. Sometimes its easy to get sidetracked by the panicky girls and boys on the board.

Must be too high on my estimate since all the surrounding reports were closer to 4" ---unless the north side of Green Hill has some very weird upsloping!

3 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

So, I caved and believed NWS and Accuweather! LOL. Sometimes its easy to get sidetracked by the panicky girls and boys on the board.

Must be too high on my estimate since all the surrounding reports were closer to 4" ---unless the north side of Green Hill has some very weird upsloping!

What were you expecting for ORH? NWS had an advisory out for 2-4/3-5 I believe. Verified well. 

It was obvious they weren't flipping despite models trying to track the low up Hubbdave's fanny. 

15 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

I bowled duckpins and candlepins for a few seasons and that went well since the delivery is pretty much the same.  Only bowled tenpins a few times in my life, and I was absolutely horrible.  Just couldn't adapt.  Just to get things back on a weather track . . . drove back from bowling up route 24 last night in 34 degree rain.  50 minute drive each way for my Tuesday night league, so I'm not a fan of Tuesday weather events!

Used to bowl on the candelpin tour til my back said no more, miss it.

Looks like the rain/snow line just got to my town before retreating cutting totals in my area.

14 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

Off topic again but were you a fan of last night's Newcastle/Man City fixture?  I was :P

1 minute ago, DavisStraight said:

Used to bowl on the candelpin tour til my back said no more, miss it.

Looks like the rain/snow line just got to my town before retreating cutting totals in my area.

Nice.  I used to love watching candlepin bowling with Don Gillis every Saturday.  Some great bowlers.

Just now, mreaves said:

Off topic again but were you a fan of last night's Newcastle/Man City fixture?  I was :P

Ugh!  Horrible match.  Seemed like after they scored in 24 seconds, they just assumed they would win.  Played really poorly.  I'm worried that David Silva is reaching the end of the line - just has not looked like himself for the past two months.  Hope I'm wrong.  Heading over in March to see Man City play Watford, then Schalke in the Champions League.  Hoping we don't finally see a snowstorm on March 7th!  Go Leicester City!!! :lol:

27 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

You did well.  I thought it would be under 5" for you.

Just now, SlantStickers Anonymous said:

Snowed firmly yet gently through the evening, ended up with ~4" of fairly powdery snow this morning. 

Ya about the same here. Was surprised they didn't put up a WWA last night for western essex once it became clear we were staying cold and not flipping.

What's everyone's best guess for timing on the snow squalls later for eastern mass? The gf is thinking of leaving work at 3 to avoid what could be a hairy commute.

Just now, KoalaBeer said:

Ya about the same here. Was surprised they didn't put up a WWA last night for western essex once it became clear we were staying cold and not flipping.

What's everyone's best guess for timing on the snow squalls later for eastern mass? The gf is thinking of leaving work at 3 to avoid what could be a hairy commute.

Should be around or just after 6 for inside of 495 I think...maybe 530-545 if it comes in early. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

sounded more like bowling to me. 7/10 split!

And only that for me, as I've never seen "Lebowski."  ;)
Most common wx application for me is when a potent line of TS magically splits, such that we get some gusts and 20 drops while a few miles N & S have the ground covered with hail.

37 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

What were you expecting for ORH? NWS had an advisory out for 2-4/3-5 I believe. Verified well. 

It was obvious they weren't flipping despite models trying to track the low up Hubbdave's fanny. 

mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! Yeah, you are right. Must have been feeling extra crotchety and curmudgeonly. Waving my cane at the kids. 

49 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That's awesome, Never tried duckpin but did candlepin for a couple seasons.

I rolled a few frames of candlepins when we lived in Gardiner, without ever breaking 80 IIRC.  My single frame of ducks was at the NNJ lake resort where I worked a couple summers mid '60s, a you-spot-'em lane.  1st ball took out 1 and 5, 2nd got 2 & 8, all 4 direct hits blowing the pins off the alley.  Of course, ball #3 was centered nicely on the highway I'd cleared. 

13 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

Ugh!  Horrible match.  Seemed like after they scored in 24 seconds, they just assumed they would win.  Played really poorly.  I'm worried that David Silva is reaching the end of the line - just has not looked like himself for the past two months.  Hope I'm wrong.  Heading over in March to see Man City play Watford, then Schalke in the Champions League.  Hoping we don't finally see a snowstorm on March 7th!  Go Leicester City!!! :lol:

Pep looked pissed off for a lot of the game.  Back to weather, my cousin in Huddersfield woke up to .5" of snow this morning.  She was bitter it melted right off.  I thought she would fit right in with the weenies here :lol:

6 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Pep looked pissed off for a lot of the game.  Back to weather, my cousin in Huddersfield woke up to .5" of snow this morning.  She was bitter it melted right off.  I thought she would fit right in with the weenies here :lol:

Huddersfield Town's Premier League season has been on a par with SNE's snow season.  Both worthy of relegation!:axe: