Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/29-1/30 obs

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think the models had the low level front too far northwest and so maybe they were focusing the lift there too....a lot of runs were really dryslotting from Ginxy's hood up toward Ray all through the 495 belt of MA but they seem to be getting better snows than west and northwest of ORH right now. I guess we'll see if it evolves the next couple hours, but it might be that NW of the CF along 495 ends up doing better than the models had (a lot of models had like 2 inches in that belt).

This is exactly what I had banked on....and went 2-4" here instead of 1-3".

Most spots back there should hit 3", anyway...low end of my 3-6".

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think the models had the low level front too far northwest and so maybe they were focusing the lift there too....a lot of runs were really dryslotting from Ginxy's hood up toward Ray all through the 495 belt of MA but they seem to be getting better snows than west and northwest of ORH right now. I guess we'll see if it evolves the next couple hours, but it might be that NW of the CF along 495 ends up doing better than the models had (a lot of models had like 2 inches in that belt).

Yeah, it hasn't exactly been a screw job here lol, I was just surprised we lost the great snow growth that we had between 8-9pm.  Looks like only a few hours max left for this area, hoping to break 4" as intensity is decent.  I don't mind the dense snow I was just hoping to pad the season totals a bit.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

CF cutting right through Billerica, Tewksbury and Andover centers...really slowing down now.

Maybe about northern extent.

CF is slightly sagging SE near here too....noticed we have ticked back to 30F from 31F and the mesosites just to the NW have gone from like 30F to 28-29F. As the low approaches, it will "tug" on the CF....so a southward sag wouldn't be a shock.

4 minutes ago, Thunderblizzard said:

I drove up a few miles to the NW side of town, and was greeted by just over 2" of snow:

My yard, 3 miles south and east:

Unlucky.

Wow, that's a brutal break. I remember there was an elevation event in Feb '92 in ORH...not a huge deal, but towns like Paxton, Holden and the NW side of ORH had 2" of paste and we had nothing about 2 miles away an 200 feet lower. I remember seeing cars covered driving past as we waited for the bus for school. I was really bummed when I figured out where they were coming from.

2 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

There must be a cloud in my hea-ea-ea-ead

Rain keeps falling from my eye, eyes

Oh no they can't be teardrops For a man ain't supposed to cry

So it must be rai-ain drops, so many raindrops

It feels like raindrops Falling from my eye,eyes

Falling from my eyes

Here’s a better one good for Boston area SE including mby.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1