• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX

Upstate/Eastern New York

Is Buffalo going to get more from a lake effect event than me AGAIN?!?

What an awful winter here. I was right with my call that I wouldn't see the 1 to 2 feet that was predicted.

South Buffalo must be getting crushed cuz it's easily 2"/hr rates on the northern fringe of that band..

Its along the front and was forecasted since yesterday so I don't know why its such a huge surprise that its snowing, lol!

14 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

What an awful winter here. I was right with my call that I wouldn't see the 1 to 2 feet that was predicted.

Your not getting any LE, lol, its gonna drop right past and reform to the South, sad but true!

16 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yea sucks..Nws Now has the JP from fulton through central square , with about a 90% chance of atleast 8" lol

Picked up several burst this afternoon, maybe like 1/2" or so lol

About to be hammer time, granted probably wont last long..

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

:wub:WUNIDS_map?station=BUF&brand=wui&num=10&delay=15&type=N0R&frame=0&scale=0.21956521739130436&noclutter=0&showstorms=0&mapx=400&mapy=240&centerx=507.02970297029697&centery=233.16831683168334&transx=107.02970297029697&transy=-6.831683168316658&showlabels=1&severe=0&rainsnow=0&lightning=Hide&smooth=0&rand=25835008&lat=42.72000122&lon=-78.83000183&label=Hamburg

I’ll post some vids soon just did a Jeb walk and has to turn around after 2 blocks.  3”/hr rates right now... This is insane!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

Yea sucks..Nws Now has the JP from fulton through central square , with about a 90% chance of atleast 8" lol

THe front is gonna control the flow this evening and through the night unfortunately the fronts gonna sag a bit further South than first anticipated right between me and you Wolfie, lol!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

im 2 miles from Central Square Wolf and I won't see 2 inches tonight mark my words, lol!

• Like 1

I'm so done with this horrific winter especially after yesterdays 6" then 3" of straight wind driven sleet and to top that off about 1/4" of ice, WTF?  I was actually able to stand on a 2.5' drift thats how hared it was and I'm 6'2, 200 lbs, lol!

Man this shit funny dude, We’re getting best snowfall rates of the season atm. It has to be at least 3”/hr rates it’s just pouring..

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Obviously this map is wrong, definitely some open water near long point. 

eicecon-00.gif

These noaa erie ice maps always seem to be way off when compared to satellite views(when possible)

I don't really even consider this a lake effect band.  It's certainly picking up some moisture and frictional convergence from the lake/land interface but that band exists before it gets to Erie.  I  I suppose its originating off Huron, but it just seems somewhat synoptically driven in the cyclonic flow behind yesterdays storm.   Either way, a great hybrid event that certainly caught me by surprise (just one day after I said the weather never surprises me anymore!)  I expected some snow showers today but not blinding snow and 3 inch an hour rates in the ROC.  :snowing: 

• Like 1

Nice surprise in that squall, probably 2”/ hr at its peak. We had perhaps 5” since sunrise - hard to be certain because of the wind.

Its absolute pound town for us right now and has been for the past hr and a half. Easy 2-2.5"/hr right now and it looks to continue, nice surprise cause this wasn't forecasted.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't really even consider this a lake effect band.  It's certainly picking up some moisture and frictional convergence from the lake/land interface but that band exists before it gets to Erie.  I  I suppose its originating off Huron, but it just seems somewhat synoptically driven in the cyclonic flow behind yesterdays storm.   Either way, a great hybrid event that certainly caught me by surprise (just one day after I said the weather never surprises me anymore!)  I expected some snow showers today but not blinding snow and 3 inch an hour rates in the ROC.  :snowing: 
Agreed, it's not a traditional lake band for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk